88.2 per cent of community leaders still support NCPO

Lite Beer

I swear these polls are rigged.

Surely more than 88% of the people prefer stability and peace to daily terrorist attacks done with impunity. I would have thought at least 93% prefer to live in an environment where criminals are held to account. Just look at those criminals that fled the country when they knew they would be held to account for their actions.

Those dark days of living in fear and reading daily stories of innocent blood spilt on the side walk and not one story, I will reiterate, not one story of a single terrorist being arrested are but a distant fearful memory.

Surely more than 88% of people recognize that the Junta have potentially saved the lives of 28 people ( 4 a month) and prevented the injury of 650 more.

I think more than 88% of people understand that 1 principle of democracy is not worth killing innocent children for so 14 other principles of democracy can be abused?

88%! Piffle…..

Edited by djjamie

I think you misunderstood.

Personally I tend to ignore any poll in Thailand whether done now, last year or whenever. The most common element of polls here seems the 'scientific approach' of "let's ask some questions"

Oh, ok....haha......Yeah, I agree. Polls can indeed be done scientifically, but I guess I was trying to point out that in the current situation.....it still would not mean much.

I disagree in the sense that I think all polls here don't mean much.

The added spice of a coup and Martial Law still doesn't prohibit people to answer questions in an anonymous poll. Following your reasoning either the results and poll would be buried when not to the liking of the NCPO or results prepared in advance would be published.

That is absolutely not true. It is a proven fact that people self sensor, even anonymously, in times of fear and oppression.

................................."in times of fear and oppression."...............................

What drama queen ! In times of fear and oppression ? Do you write short stories for a living ?

All I can say is the people in Chiang Mai are either very strong and brave, or they don't read newspapers, watch tv, listen to the radio, or own computers because I have not seen one person there shaking in their boots, and the people I have spoken to about the junta don't have any problems with it.

Fear and oppression my ass ! These anal quotes come from the "Little Red book of Propaganda".

Nope from people living in the city, seeing the daily travesties of an oppressing regime and not cowering in the mountains.

Bangkok is the only place that matters to the elites whether they are red or yellow so you wouldn't notice too much if you weren't here.

This is a big improvement since the recent survey by National Institute for Development Administration conducted among 1,252 people countrywide in November 19-20, 2014 that showed only 50% of the responents felt happier under the care of the NCPO. Nearly 42% of the respondents felt no differences.

Or might the community leaders be better known to the NCPO and thus, more entusiastic about NCPO's leadership when they are singled out in the survey?

This is a big improvement since the recent survey by National Institute for Development Administration conducted among 1,252 people countrywide in November 19-20, 2014 that showed only 50% of the responents felt happier under the care of the NCPO. Nearly 42% of the respondents felt no differences.

Or might the community leaders be better known to the NCPO and thus, more entusiastic about NCPO's leadership when they are singled out in the survey?

When the NIDA poll was conducted amongst all Thai people without targeting a specific group the results cannot be compared with the results of a poll targeting a specific group.

As such it is incorrect to talk about either improvement or even change.

I think it's fantastic that the love for the NCPO is so demonstrably widespread and still akin to the sort of adoration other unique leaders like Saddam Hussein received at their peak.

Who believes this drivel, aside of course from a couple of tireless TV flagwavers?

They don't believe it either, not really. They just choose to.

Actually, most posters here seem somewhat to very doubtful with any poll done in Thailand and especially with the results. Mind you, the doubters probably just lack faith in the 'scientific approach' of polls. Can't imagine why rolleyes.gif

A scientific approach is meaninglessness while under martial law and people are afraid to eat a sandwich in public or flash a silly Hunger Games salute......As long as these things keep occurring, I would be hesitant to criticize this illegitimate regime too........

Lets try this "scientific approach" you speak of once the country is a bit more free and evaluate the results then......

I buy a sandwich from 7/11 every morning and eat it walking along the road. Why wouldn't I ?

I swear these polls are rigged.

Surely more than 88% of the people prefer stability and peace to daily terrorist attacks done with impunity. I would have thought at least 93% prefer to live in an environment where criminals are held to account. Just look at those criminals that fled the country when they knew they would be held to account for their actions.

Those dark days of living in fear and reading daily stories of innocent blood spilt on the side walk and not one story, I will reiterate, not one story of a single terrorist being arrested are but a distant fearful memory.

Surely more than 88% of people recognize that the Junta have potentially saved the lives of 28 people ( 4 a month) and prevented the injury of 650 more.

I think more than 88% of people understand that 1 principle of democracy is not worth killing innocent children for so 14 other principles of democracy can be abused?

88%! Piffle…..

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif oh stop it, I'm wetting my pants.

They don't believe it either, not really. They just choose to.

Actually, most posters here seem somewhat to very doubtful with any poll done in Thailand and especially with the results. Mind you, the doubters probably just lack faith in the 'scientific approach' of polls. Can't imagine why rolleyes.gif

A scientific approach is meaninglessness while under martial law and people are afraid to eat a sandwich in public or flash a silly Hunger Games salute......As long as these things keep occurring, I would be hesitant to criticize this illegitimate regime too........

Lets try this "scientific approach" you speak of once the country is a bit more free and evaluate the results then......

I buy a sandwich from 7/11 every morning and eat it walking along the road. Why wouldn't I ?

in your case, the dangerous part seems to be that the sandwich comes from 7/Eleven smile.png

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

wait another 6-9 months, there will be demo's .... so many people are sick of all the talk and no real changes in daily thai life only more restrictions, massive corruption but no serious changes....reminds me of 2 decades ago same talk but no real action

Nothing changes TerryP, they remain the same and will continue to do so