New CB300f Lowering Seat Height

AllanB

No answers, I guess the bike is too new,. But after a good look it seems a really nice bike, upright riding position, neat, good size and weight should make it a good touring bike for south-east Asia.

If my NV400 every blows up I would seriously consider one at 126,000baht, cheaper and more comfortable than the CBR300.

Anyone ridden one?

I am told you can wind the springs down a little and even buy an adapter to lower them further, but I told him to buy a pair of Chelsea boots with a two inch heel and 1 inch sole. He is currently on tiptoe astride the bike, so the boots will probably fix that, plus the bike is new and the suspension will give a little, the seat foam will give a little and when his wife sits on it too, that should do it.

But, like me he is getting on a bit and would the security of of feet flat on terra-fermer.

A really nice bike though for the money, haven't heard anything about it on this forum.

I am told you can wind the springs down a little and even buy an adapter to lower them further, but I told him to buy a pair of Chelsea boots with a two inch heel and 1 inch sole. He is currently on tiptoe astride the bike, so the boots will probably fix that, plus the bike is new and the suspension will give a little, the seat foam will give a little and when his wife sits on it too, that should do it.

But, like me he is getting on a bit and would the security of of feet flat on terra-fermer.

A really nice bike though for the money, haven't heard anything about it on this forum.

There's been a pretty long running thread about it, and a couple about the CBR as well.

As for me, I've got the CBR300 and I'm really happy with it. Nice and nimble in traffic, and enough power for longer trips as well. Haven't had a chance to ride the 300f but it's basically the same bike apart from the plastics and the riding position.

I must have been away when the CB300f was discussed, I thought it was a brand new bike, anyway it ticks quite a few practicality boxes.

When Dave gets his (hopefully he will) I will get a chance to try it out, I tried the CBR250, okay but pain in the neck riding position for me, I couldn't live with that at all.

The trouble with the seat is that there isn't that much meat to cut out, all these modern bikes seem to lack creature comforts for us fat asses.

Edited by AllanB

There is a factory lowered seat option..honestly the 300 is already low.

That may be so and being six foot it is fine for me, but Dave just has short legs, no one's fault, that's the way he is and he doesn't feel secure and indeed won't buy it as it is. He rode all sorts of big bikes when he was younger and didn't worry, but now he is older feels he needs to have both feet flat on the ground. Plus he also rode solo and now his wife wants to come along.

The dealership didn't know anything about the seat lowering option, so can you elaborate?

As was mentioned, the dog bones is your answer.

Here's what I used to lower my Ninja's rear suspension.

The bottom one is a stock bone from ninja and the top one is an afternarket part, which gives you an option to drop it from stock height down 2 full inch with 1/2" increments.

post-111234-0-98501900-1418322878_thumb.

You could probably loosen the front triple clamps and pull the front shocks up a bit too, to keep the bike leveled, I haven't seen the Cb 300 in person but for my ninja I did that but I also had to use the front spacers are the handlebars mount differently on Ninja than on CB.