Paypal test payments didn't arrive

Hi

The missus started up a Paypal account.

They check by sending two very small payments to your bank.

Three days later they didn't arrive to appear in her bank book.

Is it time to enquire or could this just be because it's international and takes longer?

BTW I wonder how the money exchange into a baht account would work with a tiny payment.......or is the money sent from a local source in baht perhaps?

Thanks

Edited by cheeryble

I have a Thai paypal account link to my Siam Commercial Bank account. It took 7 days possibly 7 working days for the test payments to arrive.

I have received monies from the UK in this account. It takes 7 days counting the weekend for funds to arrive in bank account when withdrawn from Paypal.

Pretty strange. The test payment are faster usually. I did it once in France, for a local account, then another time in thailand for my wife account. From Babgkok Bank with a ATM/debut card (with chip) it was okay within a few days (2 or 3 max as i reckon). Check again what have been done about email address, card number.... If you make the test witout using card but normal wiring, then yes; it might take almost 10 days.

That's great information Pomthai.....guess its just the wait.

Thanks!

She just received a "welcome" email three days later saying account is set up but it looks very standard and i'd guess it just means her credit card's OK for shopping.

I think the account was started in English through their main website ....not Thai....as she has an email from

[email protected] ([email protected])

Pretty strange. The test payment are faster usually. I did it once in France, for a local account, then another time in thailand for my wife account. From Babgkok Bank with a ATM/debut card (with chip) it was okay within a few days (2 or 3 max as i reckon). Check again what have been done about email address, card number.... If you make the test witout using card but normal wiring, then yes; it might take almost 10 days.

Was your account started through the Thai site Rv?

what do you need to make an account now?

we had a problem with K bank on the last one, something about making the debit card "internet" ready

and yes it takes 5-7 days for paypal to get your paypal account money ( Thai based account ) sent to your Thai bank

and does it make it easier if it is not connected to an Ebay account ?

what do you need to make an account now?

we had a problem with K bank on the last one, something about making the debit card "internet" ready

and yes it takes 5-7 days for paypal to get your paypal account money ( Thai based account ) sent to your Thai bank

and does it make it easier if it is not connected to an Ebay account ?

The OP is talking about the 2 small amounts Paypal send to the bank to confirm your identity when you first open a Paypal account

OP id she opened her PP account using here Thai bank card the 2 amounts will be deposited in there, if she has Net banking she can check online

Was your account started through the Thai site Rv?

The seconde one, yes, if i remember. But they always go to paypal.com when she connect, maybe because she use a gmail address. But it's linked with a BKK BanK debit card. But now it's too long time ago for i check on her paper how many days was the delay.

• 1 month later...