Affordable christmas eve dinner for two

iammarilou

Hello,

Christmas is just around the corner. Anyone has any idea where to get an affordable Christmas eve dinner for two overlooking the river? Or any place with a nice view?

This is our first Christmas in Bangkok and is staying in a hotel so cooking Christmas meal like I usually do is not an option.

Thanks.

I remember having a couple of really good buffets for special holiday events, like Loy Khratong, at the Marriott on the riverside (next one north of the Oriental). But last time was probably 6 years ago and they were hardly cheap at about 1,500 baht a head - but with stuff like all you could eat steaks, lobster and large prawns on offer plus a very wide variety of Asian fusion and western (I think there may even have been some free wine involved too) I thought it good value and with a nice riverside setting.

Oriental would be much more expensive (but excellent) and Peninsular was also always a favourite. Never had Christmas in Bangkok in those days but I'm sure they will 'do Christmas lunch'. Possibly booked out by now though

Those were the days - business expense account days!

• Like 2