club protein or club protein online

Anthony5

I heard that club protein has cheap protein, I'm interested in the pea protein they have.

So I did a google and got results for club-protein and clubproteinonline

https://www.google.com/search?q=clubprotein&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

Then I looked up their pea protein and got 2 totally different prices, for exactly the same product. So where's the catch?

http://www.club-protein.com/pea-protein-isolate/

http://www.clubproteinonline.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=53

Not wishing to usurp your thread, trying to be helpful and not knowing a lot about protein supplements I hope I can ask a question and make a comment.

Firstly I am in my 70th year and probably doing a lot of exercise more than the average pensioner, my energy level was not the greatest and so I considered in my ignorance that Whey protein in powder form would help me gain more energy as well as repair damaged muscles.

I looked round the web for supplies in Pattaya and came up with this company; mmaybe they have what you are looking for?

http://fitwhey.com/?gclid=Cj0KEQiAts-kBRCbgrXc1rnXw7MBEiQAnFqTdvVnNNMBbRpzEMXCcF47aHpn66J8CZpfgdUBRoisnlEaAqa28P8HAQ

They were the cheapest for a supply of whey protein without any weight gainer ETC.

I ordered from them and they delivered next day.

This was some time ago and to be honest when I had finished the powder I didn't re order any more, since then I have suffered from chest infections colds, lack of energy and it was your thread that reminded me of the way that I felt when on this protein powder.

I wonder if anyone has any useful info on what would increase my energy level and if Whey protein is the answer>

http://www.phukethealthshop.com/

And n210mp I think protein powder is a good choice for you, I remember reading from credible sources that protein powders are highly beneficial for seniors, more so than younger individuals. Maybe go for a mix of casein and whey, buy a kg of each kind and mix yourself if you don't mind the flavor, completely up to you.

And I highly doubt the protein powder was responsible for the symptoms you describe, unless you replaced your regular food intake with only powder?

Edited by Kaalle
  • Like 1

http://www.phukethealthshop.com/

And n210mp I think protein powder is a good choice for you, I remember reading from credible sources that protein powders are highly beneficial for seniors, more so than younger individuals. Maybe go for a mix of casein and whey, buy a kg of each kind and mix yourself if you don't mind the flavor, completely up to you.

And I highly doubt the protein powder was responsible for the symptoms you describe, unless you replaced your regular food intake with only powder?

A bit careful with the casein, if I eat too much I start to fart a lot....

• Like 1

Not wishing to usurp your thread, trying to be helpful and not knowing a lot about protein supplements I hope I can ask a question and make a comment.

Firstly I am in my 70th year and probably doing a lot of exercise more than the average pensioner, my energy level was not the greatest and so I considered in my ignorance that Whey protein in powder form would help me gain more energy as well as repair damaged muscles.

I looked round the web for supplies in Pattaya and came up with this company; mmaybe they have what you are looking for?

http://fitwhey.com/?gclid=Cj0KEQiAts-kBRCbgrXc1rnXw7MBEiQAnFqTdvVnNNMBbRpzEMXCcF47aHpn66J8CZpfgdUBRoisnlEaAqa28P8HAQ

They were the cheapest for a supply of whey protein without any weight gainer ETC.

This was some time ago and to be honest when I had finished the powder I didn't re order any more, since then I have suffered from chest infections colds, lack of energy and it was your thread that reminded me of the way that I felt when on this protein powder.

I wonder if anyone has any useful info on what would increase my energy level and if Whey protein is the answer>

I think it depends on what you eat normally, if you eat lots of meat and fish you have already enough protein. If not you may have to less. But make a blood test, you may have too low testosterone (considering you are male), easy to check, easy to fix and it causes low energy levels.

• Like 1

The entire protein supplement industry is just a total con trick- drink low fat milk, eat high quality vegetable proteins, chicken , fish , ,eggs etc.

Your body will excrete any excess amino acids.

A good balanced diet is all you need- just do not be drawn in the total marketing bollo*ks .

Edited by peterb17
  • Like 2

Thanks for your inputs and yes its true I can be gullible but the protein powder as I remember did seem to give me an energy boost and yes I do not eat as well as I should, in other words a well balanced varied diet, preferring what I like rather than what's good for me

I do eat rather a lot of wholewheat bread and am a Carbs man maybe because of lifetime habits.

This together with 3 whisky and Pepsi max a night, possibly leads to being overweight but having said that every other day I have the energy to do a 40K bike ride around the hilly area near to where I live and also on three days a week, when I am not biking go to the driving range or have a cheap charlies game of golf at Sattahip.

So I think that I am reasonably fit but just seem to be lacking in the energy department, more that I should and that was why I posted n this thread.

In answer to some of the comments .

Eat what you like is exactly what I do and that doesn't achieve what I am wanting so maybe more steak and fish and a better quality of diet together with a little of the protein powder may do the trick

Edit

Should have said that I also take one tablet of "Centrum silver 50+ multi vitamin" a day but cannot in all honesty say that I can feel any effect, good or bad!

Edited by n210mp

The entire protein supplement industry is just a total con trick- drink low fat milk, eat high quality vegetable proteins, chicken , fish , ,eggs etc.

Your body will excrete any excess amino acids.

A good balanced diet is all you need- just do not be drawn in the total marketing bollo*ks .

Protein is protein. The benefits of powders is that they are easy to consume, you don't need to prepare anything, easy to transport etc. The remaining portion of the supplements industry is indeed somewhat of a "con trick" as you said.

What constitutes an excess? You seem to be an expert in the field. I doubt the OP or any other number of "average" individuals have a high enough protein intake so that a moderate supplementation would create an excess.

• Like 1