Poll reveals political office most corrupt profession

Lite Beer

Prayuth will be happy!! He and his gang came first again!!

Fortunate for him he is not a politician then.

Only one word I take issue with in that report: "Profession"

Do you remember the story on this forum, a while back, about some PT politicians having to be subsidized by the party because they had no other profession than politics. I think some politicians (everywhere) look at their 'service' as a profession.

Do you remember the story on this forum, a while back, about some PT politicians having to be subsidized by the party because they had no other profession than politics. I think some politicians (everywhere) look at their 'service' as a profession.

Or, in many cases, a "disservice".........................thumbsup.gif

Or, in many cases, a "disservice".........................thumbsup.gif

Exactly. That's why I wrote the word in semi-quotation marks; I was using it facetiously (in jest).

• Like 1

I am just amazed that senior military officers were not voted the most corrupt profession in Thailand, given the modern history of Thailand that would seem to be about right whistling.gif Oh wait, thats right they run the show so they weren't one of the choices on the list sad.png

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

88,37% political office is the most corrupt profession.
86,75% second most corrupt profession is police.
83.93% Government office is the third most corrupt profession.

An indictment of the leadership of a country.

To be more specific successive leadership from the beginning of Time.

I wonder what the Thai people would do if they thought about it for a moment and realized that the Tax they pay on fuel, electricity, roads etc are partly being used for corruption/going into peoples private bank accounts, and not to better improve a situation that could benefit greatly by the Tax that people pay!

EXACTLY.

But "try" explaining that to the average Thai. Suspect blank stares to follow. Pitiful how they've been brought up not to "think/reason."

• Like 2

The poll says 88.37 of 1,312 people it asked said political office is the most corrupt profession.

SO that is an average of ONLY 17 people surveyed per province, and this is called a poll ?

Indeed it is.

Normally a sample size of a little over 1,000 provides a high level of confidence in the outcome - usually at 95% and with an accuracy level of +/- 3%. Most polls use this sample size as any larger, and therefore more expensive, polls, only provide a relatively small increase in accuracy levels.

This gives some background:

http://www.surveysystem.com/sscalc.htm

Of course, it also depends on the sample not being biased..........!

• Like 1

This is not just a Thai phenomenon...it is a worldwide disaster...

Yep

Can western politicians control the banking system, apparently not, why is that?

Can western politicians control corporate greed, apparently not, why is that?

Our politicians are weak against the power of the above mentioned institutions, they may not actually receive money for their own pocket from them but political donations and other hidden favours for sure.

As corrupt as anywhere.