True Promotion: Is the internet connection stable?

nivram4491

True is advertising a promotion package for 799 Baht per month. I don't understand everything about it because I can only find information in Thai. From what I understand it consists of internet with a fiber optic connection 30 Mbs/3 Mbs, 105 true channels via the internet cable and some free WiFi data and some free mobile minutes (I think 100). The cost is 799 Baht per month.

The 105 channels TV are not of much interest to me because there are very few English channels. However, I currently get TrueVisions satellite Knowledge package because it has Setanta (mad Rugby Leauge fan) for 590 per month, In the package described above, I can get the Knowledge package for an extra 100 Baht. So for 899 Baht I can get the 30 Mbs fiber optic connection plus the Knowledge package for a total of 899 Baht.

I currently pay 890 Baht for 3BB 13Mbs for 890 per month plus TrueVisions Kowledge package for 590 Baht (a total of 1480 Baht)

Now my question is: Does anyone use this 30Mbs/3Mbs package, and if so, is it stable? Does it work everyday or is it on sometimes and off sometimes? If it is a stable as 3BB then it is an excellent deal. If it has a lot of downtime then I'm probably better off sticking with 3BB. Also I believe with this connection you are sharing with 11 other users, Is this a problem?

The website for the promotion is given below. It is supposed to be in English but I didn't find any English on the page.

http://trueonline.truecorp.co.th/product-service/product-sook/entry/2525?ln=en

post-99062-0-56536600-1419074803_thumb.j

I have been with True Online for over a year (15/1.5 MBPS) and recently received a free upgraded to this package. Before I was getting somewhere around 20/1.5 MBPS. The connection is very stable with very few interruptions or down times. However, the speed advertised is on the low side. In reality, I consistently get above 30 MBPS and somewhere around 40 MBPS down with over 3 MBPS up. The ping rate is usually betrween 12 - 14 MS. Just now the speed test showed 45.69 MBPS down! I'm very happy with the connection thank you.

I'll second this--I've been on True Cable with Visions pack for a couple of years [at least since it started] originally paying 2 separate bills, totaling about 999 baht--just upgraded for free to the 30 mb Down, same-ish TV, Knowledge plus some Sport offering--I rarely waste my time doing Internet Speed Tests--since it is what it is--but, I'm happy with it.

I am about to move to a new house--a few meters away from the old one--I will then change to the new 799 Baht /month--so, possibly a huge 200 baht per month saving.