Online Shopping in Thailand

eastendanto

Hi all,

any guidance or advice on decent online shopping sites in Thailand that deliver to address. Nearest city to me is Udon Thani. I am specifically looking for large household items e.g. furniture, beds, lounge/kitchen area, TV's etc....

Also I have been searching for garage roller shutter type doors in black and not had much luck. Any ideas with online sites that may be able to provide in Thailand?

Many thanks

eastendanto

The best now is www.lazada.co.th,. I have ordered several times from them. Seems they have everything you may desire. I have ordered 2 Galaxy Note 8, cotton bedding ware, super mop, you name it. All comes with free shipping right to your door step delivered with Kerry Logistics. Need a quad copter, a GoPro camera,? They have it. Everything at the lowest prices. At this time, no better address. Most items you pay at the delivery.

Not everything is good with lazada, they often rely on 3rd parties for selling. I have had a bad experience with one of these that seems unable to fulfill an order which now leaves my daughter less one Christmas present. Luckily it is cash on delivery so I'm not out of pocket.

^ There's a business opp there. At ikea online you can make a shopping list. All someone needs to do is provide a service where those goods in your basket can be picked up and delivered.

It would be brave move, when the most logical competition is your sole supplier ;)

www.directtoshop.com (Home Pro) - sell everything available in-store (and more, not all stores stock all items), with delivery and installation service. I have even used them to buy fridges wink.png

Not a good idea In My Humble Opinion. smile.png

Although it is a good check of what may be available in your local store believe much better to visit and be sure to read actual package rather than depend on information from web site and to make sure they agree before buying. At a minimum double check with maker to be sure item fits your needs.

www.directtoshop.com (Home Pro) - sell everything available in-store (and more, not all stores stock all items), with delivery and installation service. I have even used them to buy fridges wink.png

Not a good idea In My Humble Opinion. smile.png

Although it is a good check of what may be available in your local store believe much better to visit and be sure to read actual package rather than depend on information from web site and to make sure they agree before buying. At a minimum double check with maker to be sure item fits your needs.

Who said I don't? :P

My usual MO is go visit a bunch of stores, create a shortlist, then come home and research some prices / sanity check my decisions. I'm usually buying high-end too, so no stock other than the display model (more often than not) - so whether I order it online, or go back to the store to order it in person, the wait is about the same ;)

• 2 weeks later...

The best now is www.lazada.co.th,. I have ordered several times from them. Seems they have everything you may desire. I have ordered 2 Galaxy Note 8, cotton bedding ware, super mop, you name it. All comes with free shipping right to your door step delivered with Kerry Logistics. Need a quad copter, a GoPro camera,? They have it. Everything at the lowest prices. At this time, no better address. Most items you pay at the delivery.

I would NOT recommend lazada anymore, as in 95% of the cases, they are not actually the company which sells the product to you. they are only the PLATFORM where companies can offer their goods - same as ebay, alibaba and the likes.

I would only buy from lazada when THEY are the actual seller, which is rarely the case, plus there is no option on their website to search only for products directly sold by lazada.

if you buy from other sellers, you know virtually NOTHING about the company.

I was looking for a specific phone brand which is not common in TH, and there was one seller who indeed had it, but it the only information I got about this seller was the company name which could be ABC or XYZ or whatever as there is NO OTHER INFORMATION about the seller available.

so you have no clue whom you are dealing with, where the phones come from (from legal sources?), forget about things such as warranty......

For Sony phone/tablet owners, I found a competent online vendor: SE-Update (SonyExtra-Update) for accessories.

The site is entirely in Thai. I used Google Translate to facilitate completing the shipping information. I also sent an e-mail starting with "Sorry, I don't speak Thai, but..." and got a prompt, polite reply in basic English.

Shipment is via EMS and they send an e-mail and SMS with the tracking number and a link to the EMS tracking web site. My item was delivered to Pattaya area the day after they dropped it at the post office in Bangkok.

Payment can be made via ATM or credit card. (Possibly PayPal, too. I can't remember right now.) I have an account at SCB and paid using an SCB ATM.

• 4 weeks later...

I would NOT recommend lazada anymore, as in 95% of the cases, they are not actually the company which sells the product to you. they are only the PLATFORM where companies can offer their goods - same as ebay, alibaba and the likes.

I would only buy from lazada when THEY are the actual seller, which is rarely the case, plus there is no option on their website to search only for products directly sold by lazada.

if you buy from other sellers, you know virtually NOTHING about the company.

I was looking for a specific phone brand which is not common in TH, and there was one seller who indeed had it, but it the only information I got about this seller was the company name which could be ABC or XYZ or whatever as there is NO OTHER INFORMATION about the seller available.

so you have no clue whom you are dealing with, where the phones come from (from legal sources?), forget about things such as warranty......

On 3 purchases from Lazada:

1: Big delay in delivery and a lot hassle

2: Big delay in delivery until I complained at Paypal

3: Laser Printer Drum already used. Sent it back and than they didn't answer anything anymore. hassle for 3 weeks. Until I complained at Paypal. Than I got my money back, but not as promised my shipping costs.

I would rather recommend Invadeit. They are more expensive, but you get what they promise and if there is a problem they take care of it.

Some people may have a problem with Lazada (as they might with anyone) - I have not and have made 34 orders over the last year - about half have been direct sales and arrived next day or two at most - second party orders from 2-6 days. All items are clearly listed as to supplier in description if you want to check and many will have websites that you can order direct (in every case a higher price on items I have bought). But as said it is a platform for sales so some prices will be much better than others - you do need to compare with popular items. And for saving subscribe to there daily email to know when special discounts are available.

That said, for small items I still often use Ebay, any Ebay site, for items with free shipping.