TOT 1234 reduced rates - a reminder especially for business owners

boldface

Hi Folks

Sure this is on the forum somewhere but let me explain why I am posting this afresh. For the last year my office here has been racking up 20,000 baht phone bills with a couple of more hefty ones as well. Today I popped into TOT and they let slip about this 1234 number which you dial before dialing the phone number you want to connect to, and it reduces your call rate by about 70%. Having complained bitterly that no one told me this when we signed up for their service and that it is hidden away on their website, I want to claw my money back by helping others save money on their TOT bills because its the only avenue I have now with the typical TOT "don't care" approach to customer service.

So pick up the phone, dial 1234, then the number. I am fuming about this but what can be done? Nothing.

I'm not a business user, but use 1234 whenever I call mobile numbers or numbers outside of my province using a our landline.

Average savings probably 66-75%. TOT regularly advertises this service either on the envelope containing your monthly bill or on the bill itself. It's in Thai, of course.