Indian tourists killed in van crash on elevated road to Suvarnabhumi Airport

webfact

Indian tourists killed in van crash on elevated road to airport

29-12-2557-14-57-33-wpcf_728x407.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Two Indian tourists and a Thai driver were killed and eight other Indians injured when their rented van rammed at the rear of a water truck on the elevated motorway to Suvarnabhumi airport this morning.

The tourists were on the way to the airport to take a flight to Phuket on a tour.

The incident happened on the elevated road to the airport.

Some of the injured tourists are relatives of the Indian diplomats to Thailand.

The water truck was watering plants and flowers on the elevated road when it was rammed at the rear at high speed.

All the injured were admitted to Walailak hospital.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/indian-tourists-killed-van-crash-elevated-road-airport

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-12-29

• Like 1

Or fix the automatic sprinklers that were setup and obviously don't work now! 55555

There are pop up sprinklers all up and down the medians here in Pattaya.

"There are pop up sprinklers all up and down the medians here in Pattaya."

Probably not intended, but quite a funny comment!!rolleyes.gif

Or fix the automatic sprinklers that were setup and obviously don't work now! 55555

There are pop up sprinklers all up and down the medians here in Pattaya.

"There are pop up sprinklers all up and down the medians here in Pattaya."

Probably not intended, but quite a funny comment!!rolleyes.gif

They could always just open their eyes when driving?

• Like 1

At what point do people or leaders of this country get embarrassed about how many tourists die in car wrecks every year? You would think there has to be a number that where it is no longer able to over looked. Yes, accidents happen, no doubt. But come on already. TAT should be focusing on tourist safety, not just trying to woo the next sucker whales into coming here.

Thai numbers only pertain to Baht and cash and gain. You not got that yet? ;)

• Like 1

There is NO excuse for not seeing a water truck. If you was driving at the correct speed with your eyes open. Free of drink and drugs. Not changing cd's or texting on your phone. Or perhaps having an argument with your wife, even on hands free. Its not rocket science, just common sense.

Yeah right. That exactly what one expects to see in the outside lane of the expressway. A water truck moving at 10k per hour. You are an arrogant fool.

Best or worst I ever saw was a car parked on the downslope of one of the humps of the klongs on the to highway to pattaya.

My heart rate went to 200 as I came over the brow of the hump.

There is NO excuse for not seeing a water truck. If you was driving at the correct speed with your eyes open. Free of drink and drugs. Not changing cd's or texting on your phone. Or perhaps having an argument with your wife, even on hands free. Its not rocket science, just common sense.

I wasn't there and don't know if the truck had its lights on or if the rear view lights were operating.

I wasn't there and don't know any details as to what the driver was doing.

I wasn't there and cannot proclaim with any credibility if there was any excuse or not.

I would imagine that most legal systems generally don't honor statements based on conjecture or opinion from 3rd parties.

Rocket science is best left to scientists, or those with credentials, to make statements concerning that endeavor.

I've learned that what constitutes common sense is as variable as those with hypotheses.