thatch roof material

chorizo

There are plenty of shops scattered around the ring roads of Chiang Mai. I know of a place on the CM-Lamphun road just south of plaza 89 before seraphi on the left that sells them as well as a place on the Mae rim 107 highway just north of the hwy 11 junction on the right that sells bamboo and YaKa (grass thatch) panels.

Also there are two places along the canal road going towards the Samoeng crossroads. They are 1m long and about 400 deep. in bundles of 10 for 100bt.

I carried 2 bundles on the back of my bike last year; possibly the most dangerous thing I ever carried. Give them a 50% lap which means 1 bundle will cover about 2m2. Tie wire them to your structure; and be prepared to replace them within 18 months.

Also there are two places along the canal road going towards the Samoeng crossroads. They are 1m long and about 400 deep. in bundles of 10 for 100bt.

I carried 2 bundles on the back of my bike last year; possibly the most dangerous thing I ever carried. Give them a 50% lap which means 1 bundle will cover about 2m2. Tie wire them to your structure; and be prepared to replace them within 18 months.

18 months or sooner...... in case of fire...... I can tell you that first hand as almost lost my entire place some years back.....

Suggest you keep a good distance from this roof and anything that fire can jump to....

I have now replaced the traditional YaKa look with conventional corrugated roof tiles , non burnable

All the best.

G