Most Expensive Beer in Phuket

Bogan Koori

Most expensive local beer or import?

I've seen Guinness cans going for 550 baht.

As for local beer I think it's seduction nightclub. 180 baht for a singha. I'm sure there is worse in the lady bars. Suzie Wong's etc

You beat me to it - yes, I think it would be guinness.

Local beer prices in Bangla Road nightclubs are around 150 to 180 baht.

Most expensive local beer or import?

I've seen Guinness cans going for 550 baht.

As for local beer I think it's seduction nightclub. 180 baht for a singha. I'm sure there is worse in the lady bars. Suzie Wong's etc

Suzie Wongs always was one of the better priced places in Patong

Used to be 180thb for a JD and coke. Haven't been for 12 months.

Wait till some of the 'careful' farangs in pattaya get a load of those prices ! Guiness for 150/160 baht a pint is normal in Sin City.. Local piss can be had from 40 baht.. in bars, not supermarkets.. No wonder Phuket is seen as rip-off central..

• Like 2

I tend to call into Pattaya when doing a visa run, as I have several ex-Phuket friends living there now, and friend from abroad who used to holiday on Phuket, who now holiday in Pattaya.

It's very common for bars, just off the main strip, to have "all beers 55 baht - all day."

Guess the most expensive beers can be enjoyed in 5 star hotels.

It often amused me to see that tourists staying in a 5 star hotel on a cheap package during the low season, are collectively getting loaded at the Toy&Noi Bar right opposite the hotel, where a small Chang costs 60 Baht.

Something i seen on a recent visit to Kanchanaburi.

Posted it in the pub but seems relevant to this so...

It could be methanol.

It's used as a cheap way to get backpackers drunk. In many cases, they are unaware they are drinking it.

A few have died from it in Bali, and probably in Thailand as well, but it would have been covered up here.

A random article, for anyone interested.

http://sea-globe.com/one-last-drink-methanol-liam-davies-indonesia/

Wait till some of the 'careful' farangs in pattaya get a load of those prices ! Guiness for 150/160 baht a pint is normal in Sin City.. Local piss can be had from 40 baht.. in bars, not supermarkets.. No wonder Phuket is seen as rip-off central..

I wouldn't pay 1 baht for piss, local or farang. I do however pay 60 baht for big ice-cold Leo at a beach regularly.

I've tried Guiness in two places recently and wish I hadn't.

• Like 1

It's cheating to count imported beers. For Thai beers, Phuket Beer is the most expensive if you can even find it.

Do they still make it? It must be hard to find because I haven't seen it in years.

It had a colourful label if I remember correctly.

It's cheating to count imported beers. For Thai beers, Phuket Beer is the most expensive if you can even find it.

Do they still make it? It must be hard to find because I haven't seen it in years.

Yup you can still get it, Villa chalong if I am not mistaken

Phuket Beer is nearly all exported to the states if im correct.

Seen a youtube clip a while ago , some store in the U.S was promoting it as the best selling beer in Thailand !.

They tried via BBB to promote in Phuket quite alot a year or so ago but it fell by the wayside.

I remembered it had a bird of some description on the label.

Here's some photos.

https://www.google.co.th/search?q=phuket+beer&biw=1280&bih=843&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=JgatVK7lN4qxUd_agcgG&ved=0CC4QsAQ

Phuket Beer is nearly all exported to the states if im correct.

Seen a youtube clip a while ago , some store in the U.S was promoting it as the best selling beer in Thailand !.

They tried via BBB to promote in Phuket quite alot a year or so ago but it fell by the wayside.

"They tried via BBB to promote in Phuket quite alot a year or so ago but it fell by the wayside." - maybe if they changed its name to "Pattaya Beer" it would sell better on Phuket. cheesy.gif

Would it be too off topic to add a further question of where the cheapest, and most expensive, glass of "house wine" is on Phuket?

What say you - LIK? smile.png

Best start a new topic NKM.

I'm happy if the iceman adds to the OP. Why not have wine as well as spirits as discussion. No need to start another thread

The most expensive beer you get in agogos like Roxy when some tout sneaks in behind you. OJ or local beer all 800 Baht!

I think Phuket beer is the best locally brewed beer in Thailand (not made in Phuket though, I think), you can buy it in big supermarkets for about the same price as Heineken.

Pattaya Beer is made in Savannakhet, Laos and tastes like cr4p, nothing like Beerlao at all.