400,000 tourists visited Chiang Mai in just 5 days of New Year Season

khwaibah

400,000 tourists visited Chiang Mai in just 5 days of New Year Season

CHIANG MAI, 6 January 2015 (NNT) – As many as 400,000 tourists arrived in Chiang Mai during the five 'peak' days of the New Year's holiday period, according to the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT).

Wisut Buachum, director of the TAT's Chiang Mai office, said hotel rooms in the province were 95% full during the New Year's holiday. A portion of tourists had stayed at homes of friends or relatives, yet another portion camped out in tents inside national parks and other tourism sites. An estimated circulation of 1.4 billion baht is expected to have originated from the 400,000 visitors who chose to spend their New Year's holiday in Chiang Mai.

Mr. Wisut added that the current period is the best time to visit Chiang Mai because of the cool weather and the plethora of tourism-promoting activities. The next major attraction will be the Chiang Mai Flower Festival during February 6-8.

nntlogo.jpg.pagespeed.ce.5C6sHNTwTnRd667
-- NNT 2015-01-06 footer_n.gif.pagespeed.ce.3uNL2Gw0hNjPgr

400,000....Yes at least......Most of them apparently decided to see what the front gate of The Pun Pun looks like. The street was near gridlock at times....

Why, I even had a group [ from the great country up North] staying in 6 rooms and other than the room fee they spent a total of 35 baht for the lot.

Should I cancel the new Benz ???

• Like 2

400,000....Yes at least......Most of them apparently decided to see what the front gate of The Pun Pun looks like. The street was near gridlock at times....

Why, I even had a group [ from the great country up North] staying in 6 rooms and other than the room fee they spent a total of 35 baht for the lot.

Should I cancel the new Benz ???

So John you struck the last of the big spenders huh? The future must be looking a bit bleak methinks. However the locals from that great country are well known to have deep pockets and short arms. Given the chance I bet they would sell their offspring just to have a few more coins in their wallet/bank/pocket/secret hiding place.

We can only live in hope that a better paying customer turns up soon. Personally I have never gone on vacation unless I can live it up a little.... and preferably not having to worry with a budget. Now that makes for a great holiday.

Yes cancel the Benz but keep the booking alive on the Trabant clap2.gif

• Like 1

And ALL of them were at Thapae Gate... You couldn't stir them with a stick... I was hoping to avoid that area during the holidays, but got a call from a friend and she wanted to meet me at, wait for it, yep, Black Canyon Coffee at Thapae Gate...

TAT wouldn't have a clue how many people visited CM and stayed in hotels,guest houses, resorts and private homes but its a nice round figure some one decided on and actually could have been more.

This is a prelude to CM in future holiday periods. Learning Chinese will make it easier.

• Like 1