My son is here!, very good hospital for those searching (roi et)

ryanhull

Congratulations, I'm glad your happy, and I guess ฿3,000 a night for a luxury hotel room type setting is a good price. Coming from Canada where a basic semi private hospital room is all I've ever had or needed, I can't get my head around paying for 5 star accommodation in a hospital. I'd rather wait until we can enjoy it and take a trip to a 5 star hotel on the beach, although it will be about 4 times a much as the hospital.

Thanks all for the kind comments mum is doing great and the baby Charles seems to be loving the world,

Congratulations, any reason given for the C section?

It was doctors orders, we was all set for a natural birth but the doctor insisted it must be C section, I hear its quite common practice here, when I questioned the doctor on this he told me the 'doors are not open wide enough' and went onto say how in the UK we have more equipment to deal with a natural birth, I think I annoyed him a bit questioning him too much because I did not agree with it at first, seemed like its the easiest thing to do so that's why they do it but hey I guess he knows best so I had to go with what he said, cant grumble too much as I have a healthy boy but I must say I do not agree with it being first choice.

Apparently if we left it to the expected delivery date on a natural birth and we had issues with the 'doors not being open' things would be made complicated hence the slightly early C section, this is what I got but this is all through broken english really

Congrats and well done to the three of you. Now the fun and the sleep deprivation begins.

Already begun mate, haven't slept in the best part of 48 hours!

Congratulations, I'm glad your happy, and I guess ฿3,000 a night for a luxury hotel room type setting is a good price. Coming from Canada where a basic semi private hospital room is all I've ever had or needed, I can't get my head around paying for 5 star accommodation in a hospital. I'd rather wait until we can enjoy it and take a trip to a 5 star hotel on the beach, although it will be about 4 times a much as the hospital.

I agree somewhat but at the same time, I have paid out in the past for 5 star hotels when we go on little breaks to hui hin and what not but I find that I spend half the time out of the room and on the beach/roaming around so that said I pay for a 5 star and do not spend much time init!

Thanks again for the kind comments and good luck to those expecting soon, my advice, don't panic like I did and enjoy it!

It was doctors orders, we was all set for a natural birth but the doctor insisted it must be C section, I hear its quite common practice here, when I questioned the doctor on this he told me the 'doors are not open wide enough' and went onto say how in the UK we have more equipment to deal with a natural birth, I think I annoyed him a bit questioning him too much because I did not agree with it at first, seemed like its the easiest thing to do so that's why they do it but hey I guess he knows best so I had to go with what he said, cant grumble too much as I have a healthy boy but I must say I do not agree with it being first choice.

Apparently if we left it to the expected delivery date on a natural birth and we had issues with the 'doors not being open' things would be made complicated hence the slightly early C section, this is what I got but this is all through broken english really

In Thai private hospitals C section common, in Thai government hospitals C section rare.

Something to do with the extra money they can charge I expect.

Plenty of half white babies delivered naturally in government hospitals every day.

Congrats Ryan.

Will your son carry your surname?

Your surname is the same as mine - Hull. By the way, I have started a tribe of Hull's in Korat!!

Thanks mate, my surname is not Hull however I am from Hull (East Yorkshire) heh, and yep Charles has my surname, I am also hoping I can teach him English as a first language, selfishly I have not learnt Thai so I really need to get learning!

Congrats Ryan.

Your surname is the same as mine - Hull. By the way, I have started a tribe of Hull's in Korat!!

Thanks mate, my surname is not Hull however I am from Hull (East Yorkshire) heh, and yep Charles has my surname, I am also hoping I can teach him English as a first language, selfishly I have not learnt Thai so I really need to get learning!

Good luck with that (The mother tongue bit)

Congrats Ryan.

Good luck with that (The mother tongue bit)

No luck needed.

Speak to your children in your mother tongue from day one and they will speak it. Don't try to speak in a language that is not your native language,ie Thai. Let the Thai members of the family do that. If you live in an area with a dialect then let your kids hear that too. There is no real limit as to how many languages a child can pick up.

I have been lucky enough to be able to stay with my daughter most of the time. I don't have to go off to work or anything. I have spoken English to her since she was 4 hours old. My wife has spoken to her in Thai. Grandparents have spoken in Khmer. We now have a near 13 year old tri lingual daughter.

To me this is the perfect scenario. She can speak the native tongue of her nationality and that will be so important to her in Thailand. She can speak English which will be important to her wherever she goes. She speaks Khmer which means that she can help to keep the cultural aspects of her ancestry alive.

You may need to think about where you and/or your child are likely to be living most of the time in the future. If you plan to stay in Thailand I would avoid the idea of "English as a first language" and just let things go with the flow. I know of someone who has not quite let their child speak Thai enough. That child is now struggling at school here in Thailand. My daughter's Thai is better than her English and as things stand right now that is fine.

Edited by puchooay
  • Like 1

I wish all the Best for you, your wife and Charles.

Congratulations.thumbsup.gif

PS. Kingston upon Hull, brings memories to me.

Studied there for a year.....although I could never understand the locals speaking to me and also met my ex-wife there.......just memories........

Edited by Costas2008

I wish all the Best for you, your wife and Charles.

Congratulations.thumbsup.gif.pagespeed.ce.dtxKiAJ9C7pbAk

PS. Kingston upon Hull, brings memories to me.

Studied there for a year.....although I could never understand the locals speaking to me and also met my ex-wife there.......just memories........

Cheers mate, yes the Hull accent is a funny one, thankfully I don't have it too bad compared to my mates, but my wife fully understands the Hull accent which is quite funny... she speaks very good english but when she speaks to someone else from the UK, from say from down south she struggles, its like she mainly understand the hull common slang english, I can say to her things like 'ere love do us a brew' hehe, if I said 'Please could you make me a cup of tea dear' she`d probably not understand it too good haha

Good university though,

• Like 1

Congratulations on your baby.

And good to hear that you had a positive experience at RoiEt hospital. My wife and I are expecting a baby in April, and are planning to have the baby in Bangkok (As we wanted to make sure we had a good hospital for our first baby), but we have to do my visa in March at Amnat Charoen, so we might end up in RoiEt if the baby is early, so it's particularly nice to know you guys had a good Farang friendly experience in RoiEt :)

Congratulations on your baby.

And good to hear that you had a positive experience at RoiEt hospital. My wife and I are expecting a baby in April, and are planning to have the baby in Bangkok (As we wanted to make sure we had a good hospital for our first baby), but we have to do my visa in March at Amnat Charoen, so we might end up in RoiEt if the baby is early, so it's particularly nice to know you guys had a good Farang friendly experience in RoiEt xsmile.png.pagespeed.ic.CwSpBGGvqN5Zxnsx

Cheers mate, and best of luck with your baby, I would definitely recommend Roi Et hospital for your delivery, make sure if you go there to book the VIP suite in advance as they only have the one large one with double room, saying that the other VIP suits slightly smaller are still good, anyway all the best

Congratulations Ryan on your new baby.

As a pensioner living in Roi Et your comment on the hospital interests me. However, can you just clarify which hospital in Roi Et you went to? There is the big Government Hospital in the centre of town, which is reputed to be quite good, but there are also at least two big private hospitals:- Churivej Hospital (affiliated to Bangkok Hospital) on route 23 heading out of town towards Yasothon and Thonburi Hospital on route 214 heading south out of town, before you get to the ring road. There may also be other hospitals that I am not aware of.