Luxury cars in Suvarnabhumi disabled parking spaces (photos)

webfact

10,000 baht fines.

Nah. Fine according to wealth. http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Speeding-fines-being-linked-to-income-in-Europe-3275939.php

I am of course not deluded - will never happen - Brake fluid on paintwork?

Annual insurance on a Lamborghini - is more than many white collar Thais earn in a year. These fools don't give a toss.

They should have VIP Parking lots for expensive price and the money should goes to charity... oh no I forgot TiT coffee1.gif

Something like that might just work in Thailand. The hi-so types in Thailand like to tell people how much this or that cost them. If you had a 'Elite Hi-So Supercar member only parking' and charged 2m baht a year for a membership card and members had to park a car worth over 2m baht in a space, some of these shows off might just pay for it.

If you make it like an elite membership club, I can see a few of these show offs going for it. The money made should be directed to charities within Thailand and/or local temples, but something tells me that the money would probably just end up in the same old hands,sadly.

As the great poet Dennis Leary once sang "And I park in disabled spaces whilst disabled people make disabled faces . . . Because I'm an xxxhole, I'm an xxxhole . . ."

Come on, sing along now children!

I was looking for a parking spot at Big C the other day. The had red cones put in front of all the handicapped parking spots. A shiny, new car pulled in front of me, a girl got out who appeared to be about 25 years old with 6 inch high heels, chatting on her mobile, moved a cone and pulled right in. I really wanted to speak my mind to this b..ch but I never have done that in Thailand so I refrained myself. There was nothing disabled about her except her brain.

• Like 1

That unexplainable Thainess!

the rich thai's have absolutely no respect for other thai's handicapped or poor, they are of the mind that they are better than their country men. the truth is they are looked on by the real world as usless corrupt idiotds who steral what ever money they can anad breed other usless idiots who but college degrees but in fact are still usless tree grabbing chimps! they all get a rude awakening when they travel abroad and get busted!

• Like 1

I was doing a job in Australia last year when this happened so we got our 2 work vehicles & parked so close that the person could not get into their car. We let them suffer for a while & we finally moved the cars with a warning don't do it again.

Edited by duckmandon
  • Like 2

I do like the lard idea, but paint stripper on the bodywork is better ...

Brake fluid is lot cheaper, try DOT2, no paint will hold on the plate, ever, again...

Sorry, I meant to write brake fluid, but my fingers and brain went wonky. laugh.png

I've had that done to my car by an alcoholic neighbour who died three weeks after I came to Thailand - som nam na ...

It worked out well though, because the insurance people gave me more than I paid for the car, then let me buy it back as scrap and I ran it for another 3 years. I had friends with a body shop down the road who said the same as you so I just ran it around looking crap. The car cost me nothing after the settlement and the whole thing rebounded on the prat next door.

I put a big sign in the back window with an arrow pointing to their house saying 'THEY DID IT' which infuriated them - they complained to the police (the irony!) but the sign was at the local beat bobbies suggestion, because he knew it was them but didn't have 100% proof, just many neighbours reporting the next door person's boasting about it. He just told them to sling their hook.

Edited by Mister Fixit

I have to say I have used the key trick here a few times. At my local Tesco, one lazy sod parked about 30% into the motorbike parking area, so close to mine that I couldn't swing my leg over the seat, only left about 6 inches. I have no idea how the driver got out unless he slid over to open the passenger door.

Unfortunately, my ignition key 'slipped' as I struggled to get my bike out ... giggle.gif

BTW, why do these people all seem to have monster Isuzu pickups? Is it to do with penis size (or lack of)?

Wheel clamp with a large fine, that will fix the problem, make it illegal to park in disabled spaces without a permit.

I doubt it...

The owners of those cars are probably spending an awful lot more on lawyers fees trying to get pictures of their cars removed from the internet than they would have to pay in fines...

Whether or not the cars are considered luxury is irrelevant... the fact that any car is in a disabled spot is the issue.

The simple cause of this issue is the lack of enforcement... the simple solution is better enforcement and implementation of penalties.

That said: In the UK we have both 'Disabled' and 'Parent+Child' parking spots.... I find it hard to believe that there are so many disabled people around in my town in the UK.

The population of mobility disabled people is over 10% in the UK. The percentage of disabled parking bays is round 1.5% of the total available bays.

Edited by harrry

Many assumptions being made here...

Does Thailand issue issue any type of disabled/handicap parking permit that is visually displayed or can be confirmed by checking records?

Can't disabled people have a luxury car? One should really not assume...

Thailand's LTO does indeed issue the same kind of rear-view mirror hanging placard as found in most countries. It has your info imprinted on it. When it is issued, you receive a new driver's license that indicates you are disabled. If you do not have a license (and presumably someone drives for you), the placard may be used if you get out of the car; it may not be used if you stay in the car. Similarly, if the driver is the holder of the placard and does not get out of the car, he's not entitled to use a disabled parking space.

However, I'm not aware of any law in Thailand that imposes a penalty for parking in a disabled spot without a placard.

Things are difficult enought in this 'wheelchair unfriendly' country for us disabled with the general lack of facilities, without these (expletive removed) onanists acting so selfishly where disable facilities are provided.

I am saddened by your disability - truly. But cheer up, Government buildings will soon have wheelchair access - just a pity you won't be able to get near that access sad.png

Is this real Thainess from the top down, at work here?

I have to say I have used the key trick here a few times. At my local Tesco, one lazy sod parked about 30% into the motorbike parking area, so close to mine that I couldn't swing my leg over the seat, only left about 6 inches. I have no idea how the driver got out unless he slid over to open the passenger door.

Unfortunately, my ignition key 'slipped' as I struggled to get my bike out ... giggle.gif

BTW, why do these people all seem to have monster Isuzu pickups? Is it to do with penis size (or lack of)?

First of all, I believe the Thais place a lot of emphasis in appearance. You can't roll up to Tesco or Big C in your townhouse, but a nice big shiny Toyota Vigo or Isuzu or similar conveyance is just the job to impress the community.

Many of these owners are paying them off month by month but they are often renting a shithole apartment or room for a couple or three thousand a month.

I am not so sure that the dimensions of young Dick are of too much concern, it's only us farangs who seem to dwell on that aspect (for some reason).

Just deflate all the tyres, no damage but a lot of work for the drivers :-)

Unless, of course, there really is a passenger that is disabled in the car, but of course you can tell all about passengers in cars just from the type of car.

I don't why people automatically think a person with a nice car can't be disabled.

Even if some one in the vehicle is disabled. they are still not allowed to park there unless they have a sticker

so it has nothing to do with the type of the car

Police:

Grow a pair and Tow them.

Here's a shot of an attendant safely guiding in an arrogant cretin. wai2.gifwai.gif

The middle picture with the Merc straddling two bays portrays the bastard drivers pure arrogance...

'Look at my fancy car, I can do what I like'

What axxxxxxxx.. Hope they crash and ends up losing the use of their legs... Now wouldn't that be sweet irony if they really did need to use that bay and someone else was taking it up for no reason...

Edited by Rooo
profanity

Just deflate all the tyres, no damage but a lot of work for the drivers :-)

no, a lot of work for a minion, annoyance for the owner whilst waiting for the minion, a lift or a taxi ride.

even the large hard to remove stickers wouldnt work they'd just peer around them and drive home.

towed to an impound lot and fine based on the cars value, might be more annoying.

Does Thailand issue issue any type of disabled/handicap parking permit that is visually displayed or can be confirmed by checking records?

Thailand's LTO does indeed issue the same kind of rear-view mirror hanging placard as found in most countries. It has your info imprinted on it. When it is issued, you receive a new driver's license that indicates you are disabled. If you do not have a license (and presumably someone drives for you), the placard may be used if you get out of the car; it may not be used if you stay in the car. Similarly, if the driver is the holder of the placard and does not get out of the car, he's not entitled to use a disabled parking space.

However, I'm not aware of any law in Thailand that imposes a penalty for parking in a disabled spot without a placard.

That is good info about the placard.

Are the parking lots controlled by the owners of the property or the police?

Edited by Old Man River

That is good info about the placard.

Are the parking lots controlled by the owners of the property or the police?

I don't know. If there's no penalty for for parking in a disabled spot - and I think the whole disability "thing" is only just starting to change in Thailand - then it's a moot point.