Chiang Mai Estate Agents...

ShaunEdwards9

Hi Guys,

Am after a little advice if possible.....

Moving to CM next month and looking for a condo to rent. In your experience, how did you go about finding/getting a condo?

So far, I have emailed a number of estate agents advertising condos with very little success in regards to replies.

In an ideal world I would like to set up condo viewing for when I come to CM, but at the moment, thats not looking possible.

Appreciate any hint / tips you can give me regarding this,

Eddie

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Entirely agree about Perfect Homes (Simon Bradshaw) and I would add Stig Vinck at the perhaps misnamed Buyinchiangmai- both websites worth checking out.

It will help them help you if you have a fairly clear idea of what you want - studio or separate bedroom; pool; proximity toi the old city; length of stay- and of course budget!

Good luck- it's a grear city to spend time.

This is my first post here, never felt I had anything to offer until now. My situation is very similar to yours so that is why I am responding. I arrived CNX Friday Jan 2nd for 3 months with only 6 nights at hotels, giving myself time to find an apartment. No luck on my own so I decided to call perfecthomes on Monday morning Jan 5, ( talked to Simon) explained what I was looking for and budget, an agent called me back that afternoon to set up visits to condos the next day. Tuesday morning agent showed up on time and off we went, long story short I decided to take the 2nd apt. we looked at but I had a few questions for the owner, she answered all questions later that day and the next day through emails. We agreed she would come by my hotel Thurs Jan 8th for me to pay deposit. We set up that she would come by hotel and get me on Fri. morning to go to the new apt. to meet the owner and read and sign contract. All was in order and terms were agreeable and well within the budget that I had set for myself without an agent!

I hope this isn't too long for you, but I only knew about perfecthomes because of this forum, I highly recommend them. I hope this helps.

Regards

Some are highly efficient and some estate agents are absolutely appalling. Like everywhere else, there are those that try to control market prices and those that are genuinely helpful and those that have a business which does not include responding to potential clients. Strange but true!

This is my first post here, never felt I had anything to offer until now. My situation is very similar to yours so that is why I am responding. I arrived CNX Friday Jan 2nd for 3 months with only 6 nights at hotels, giving myself time to find an apartment. No luck on my own so I decided to call perfecthomes on Monday morning Jan 5, ( talked to Simon) explained what I was looking for and budget, an agent called me back that afternoon to set up visits to condos the next day. Tuesday morning agent showed up on time and off we went, long story short I decided to take the 2nd apt. we looked at but I had a few questions for the owner, she answered all questions later that day and the next day through emails. We agreed she would come by my hotel Thurs Jan 8th for me to pay deposit. We set up that she would come by hotel and get me on Fri. morning to go to the new apt. to meet the owner and read and sign contract. All was in order and terms were agreeable and well within the budget that I had set for myself without an agent!

I hope this isn't too long for you, but I only knew about perfecthomes because of this forum, I highly recommend them. I hope this helps.

Regards

Great read Dennyray! Cheers

Find a condo building you like, ask at reception if any are available for rent.

Please note,

It is forbidden under Thai law for foreigners to deal or handle real estate.

The can manage the office, but they can't sell to customers.

If you find a foreigner selling or managing condos or any real estate, they are working illegally, and therefore by definition crooks.

Best not to enter into business dealings with criminals.

If any foreigner has a WP to deal in such a way please feel free to PM me a copy of your work permit, and I will happily retract my statement.

Please note,

If you find a foreigner selling or managing condos or any real estate, they are working illegally, and therefore by definition crooks.

I didn't want to say anything before as I was not 100% sure, but that is my understanding exactly. I would never get involved with a farang selling property here as no doubt he/she is operating illegally.

Please note,

I didn't want to say anything before as I was not 100% sure, but that is my understanding exactly. I would never get involved with a farang selling property here as no doubt he/she is operating illegally.

So what ??

What is wrong with you people ??

Would you be reporting them as well ???

"Officer, I suspect this person is a criminal, he tried to rent me an apartment........"

having dealt with a number of c/mai realtors in c/mai, the two (elite and perfect homes) that i recommended on a earlier post on this thread are farung orientated,

and my business with them so far ,has been a pleasure,largely due their diligeince in being up front and to the piont, and in addition have outstanding knowledge of c/mais market

sure that both companys would have their businesses legally set up, to trade as they have thai,s as employees,and are estabalished agents etc etc

there are many thai only realaltors in c/mai,who operate under the cover of darkness, not to mentioned the thai system which involves village chiefs and there merry bands,or perhaps the solo thai,mum or dad looking for a extra earn

at the end of the day,sum up your situation,and take the road that suits you,whether legally or under the covers of darkness,or the thai system

its still going to cost you commission,one way or another

a very nice morning to allsmile.png

• 3 months later...

Please note,

Once again you are 200% wrong. If you didn't want to say anything then why did you

I contacted Perfect homes few months ago with the intention to give them my house for sell. I was told that since my house is high standards and not the typical moo baan second hand house, chances to sell it are near zero, so they didn't even accept it.

They said to me here the house sale market is for 1-2 million baht houses.....nobody interested in high quality, only cheap price. The worst thing about it is that they are right......

They said to me here the house sale market is for 1-2 million baht houses.....nobody interested in high quality, only cheap price. The worst thing about it is that they are right......

its a coincidence that your above post,has just reflected my experiences

after throwing out the net for 2yrs and 3months, our ranch in beverly hills mae rim is about to be withdrawn from the market, the past 12 months viewers have slumped alarmingly,

the last 6 months has attracted just a few flies,despite dropping our price accordingly,during this time i have tried every trick in the book,from my own website to putting up signs everywhere etcetc

i feel strongly there are a number of headwinds contributing to my failure, the change of govt, and now that money is being cuddled,from those who may have been serious buyers

therefore if you fall into the higher price bracket it, becomes a very hard sell, unless lady luck comes your way thats just one headwind, sure there are many more

personally me thinks its a very difficult to sell anything in c/mai, right now

a very nice evening to allsmile.png

Edited by evenstevens

its a coincidence that your above post,has just reflected my experiences

after throwing out the net for 2yrs and 3months, our ranch in beverly hills mae rim is about to be withdrawn from the market, the past 12 months viewers have slumped alarmingly,

the last 6 months has attracted just a few flies,despite dropping our price accordingly,during this time i have tried every trick in the book,from my own website to putting up signs everywhere etcetc

i feel strongly there are a number of headwinds contributing to my failure, the change of govt, and now that money is being cuddled,from those who may have been serious buyers

therefore if you fall into the higher price bracket it, becomes a very hard sell, unless lady luck comes your way thats just one headwind, sure there are many more

personally me thinks its a very difficult to sell anything in c/mai, right now

a very nice evening to allsmile.png

Ph recently sold one of my properties for 7.6M maybe your houses aren't so hot

I contacted Perfect homes few months ago with the intention to give them my house for sell. I was told that since my house is high standards and not the typical moo baan second hand house, chances to sell it are near zero, so they didn't even accept it.

and who said estate agents weren't honest?

Over 30 days is considered a stale listing in many areas. If you aren't priced to sell; you shouldn't list. Some agents will list anything, just to be able to use it to steer other clients. A good agent won't take a listing that is unrealistic; gasoline is too expensive for one thing. The pool of actual buyers is pretty small, and the market segment that they would buy is even smaller. The market didn't crash, as some have been stating here for about 10 years.......they would have easily had all their money back by now, in rent savings. You can probably get a good deal from someone, who has to sell, but be prepared for a lengthy search/wait.