Car Racing Gang members arrested by Pattaya Police

webfact

Car Racing Gang members arrested by Pattaya Police

car-11.jpg

PATTAYA: -- Pattaya Police received information of a gathering of modified cars on the Sukhumvit Road in Jomtien on Saturday Night and reports suggested they were there to race each other on the public street.

Over 30 Police Officers and Police Volunteers converged on the location but many vehicles and their drivers were able to escape in their high-speed modified vehicles.

A total of 3 cars and 5 motorbikes were intercepted. The Motorbike drivers were all under the age of 18 and all those stopped were known to be part of a gang known as “VTEC ONLY” who use their Facebook page, with has over 3,000 followers, to arrange meetings.

Source: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/164488/car-racing-gang-members-arrested-by-pattaya-police/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-01-12

• Like 1

It's illegal in.the States to arrange street racing or evev be a spectator and cars are often impounded.

What's funny is that the "Fast & Furious" crowd think that Modding a 4 cylinder, FWD car is going to make it actually go fast.

Mostly, they have annoying loud exhaust tips and a modded intake.

This stupid trend of Modding slow cars with cheap body kits and fart can exhaust tips has come and gone in the US

Along with putting VTEC emblems on NON-VTEjC Cars.

Low IQ posers.

• Like 2

Over 30 Police Officers and Police Volunteers converged on the location but many vehicles and their drivers were able to escape in their high-speed modified vehicles. cheesy.gif cheesy.gif cheesy.gif .... So they got to race anyway...Uhmmm what no plate numbers, vehicle identification, can't pick them up from their facebook posts?? NFI RTP. See most countries have specific laws against the modification of vehicles. In NSW now it is extremely strict you basically even need permission to change your wheels if they are larger then spec. The point is to stop the racers by defecting their vehicles so they don't have to catch them in the act of racing. I am a car modder anyway had a beautiful GTR Skyline at home modded to the hilt but with necessary engineering certs. I don't necessarily agree with defecting all who have modified cars but keep racing to the track. The roads are dangerous enough without these clowns messing about

• Like 1

The "gang" members were not caught racing. Is it a crime to "suggest" a race? Maybe invoking martial law is sufficient reason to make arrests, but otherwise I don't see the legality of such arrests.

The article says they weren't arrested. But congrats to them for getting on top of this. I live in that area and cars drive at insane speeds here. Time something was done.

No Criminal Charges have been brought against any of the detainees for now - See more at: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/164488/car-racing-gang-members-arrested-by-pattaya-police/#sthash.9RxUAAus.dp
No Criminal Charges have been brought against any of the detainees for now. - See more at: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/164488/car-racing-gang-members-arrested-by-pattaya-police/#sthash.9RxUAAus.dpuf

I could write a lengthy post on their stupidity, but I'm posting from my phone.

Thanks for adding to the list of their stupidity - they give genuine "gearheads" a bad image.

As we say in the US, "keep it off the streets and on the track"

• Like 2

The "gang" members were not caught racing. Is it a crime to "suggest" a race? Maybe invoking martial law is sufficient reason to make arrests, but otherwise I don't see the legality of such arrests.

It's not a crime to suggest a race but it may be a crime to incite others and officially arrange a meeting place in order to race. However, although several drivers were taken to the police station for investigation no charges were made against them. So no illegal action by the police.

Edited by Sviss Geez

"Over 30 Police Officers and Police Volunteers converged on the location but many vehicles and their drivers were able to escape in their high-speed modified vehicles."

The professionalism of the RTP....

Astonished ? No - it is the same as with their traffic controls on 3rd near Pattaya Tai, checking the main road but leaving the side sois 50-100 m meters further up open, so that they can easily omit the check.

By the way, I am pretty sure, the majority of these "racers" in their ridiculous modded pickups are the same, who often gather on Jomtien Beach. The last time, I saw them on the 8th, heading up Tapphraya and it would have been easy to corner them there, before going via Thepprasit to "race" on Sukhumvit...

It's illegal in.the States to arrange street racing or evev be a spectator and cars are often impounded.

What's funny is that the "Fast & Furious" crowd think that Modding a 4 cylinder, FWD car is going to make it actually go fast.

Mostly, they have annoying loud exhaust tips and a modded intake.

This stupid trend of Modding slow cars with cheap body kits and fart can exhaust tips has come and gone in the US

Along with putting VTEC emblems on NON-VTEjC Cars.

Low IQ posers.

There are a lot of factory built 4 cyl FWD cars that will prove your statement wrong. Some even modified to produce up to 1000 hp. I once owned a 2004 Dodge SRT-4. It would run the 1/4 mile in under 14 seconds and had a top speed over 150 mph. Modified they have ran 9 seconds and 150 mph in the 1/4 mile.

This is Thailand. The parts needed for that to happen would cost more then these kids will make in a lifetime. Semantics.

I don't agree with racing on public roads but the VTEC only club in Pattaya is a big club of Thai petrol heads, mostly working hard to get money to spend on their car's. Most of them meet socially, not to do illegal stuff.

They do have meets at Bira sometimes

post-57474-0-31693800-1421152718_thumb.j

I personally am a petrol head who hates lots of stickers and cheap bodykits and also prefer to debadge my cars but many of the VTEC only club modify their car's mechanically very well under the skin also, which cannot be easy on a Thai salary so to call them all 'low IC posers' is abit unfair IMO

post-57474-0-64478000-1421152913_thumb.j

This is their hobby, what would you rather them be doing? they are not fighting, taking drugs etc!

In BKK these car clubs often have meets around the carpark of Bangna Ikea and it is a peaceful social outlet, maybe police in Pattaya should be encouraging them to meet in an empty carpark away from residential area's like this instead of arresting them.

cheers

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...