Movies

northernjohn

Thanks for the link but it is the same thing I get if I follow the one I have been using for several years now and has gone south on me. That one is in Thai with no option I could find for English.

Opens for me translated, on Google Chrome......just tried it from above.

What browser are you using?

Thanks for the link but it is the same thing I get if I follow the one I have been using for several years now and has gone south on me. That one is in Thai with no option I could find for English.

Google. I am as I say tech challenged but I will try to get it on chrome. The wife get's both the theaters on her I Pad. In Thai of course. I just found it strange that after about three years with the airport and as long as it has been open the Central Festival it no longer works.

Google. I am as I say tech challenged but I will try to get it on chrome. The wife get's both the theaters on her I Pad. In Thai of course. I just found it strange that after about three years with the airport and as long as it has been open the Central Festival it no longer works.

Maybe something as simple as clearing your cache might help or do a system restore?

Just guessing.

Maybe something as simple as clearing your cache might help or do a system restore?

Just guessing.

I agree on clearing cache but not system restore. Also, if you are not using Google DNS, you might change your DNS to 8.8.8.8 (Google DNS) to see if it improves.

Last Fridays BBC Radio 5 movie review programme wih Simon Mayo and Mark Kermode, very well respected movie critics, gave "Taken 3" with Liam Neeson a terrible review. They said the movie has been widely criticised for being, well, crap, all around the world.

Then in came a text or tweet from a listener who had seen the movie the previous day in Chiang Mai. He said the movie was awful and he agreed with the review, but he said that in the cinema in Chiang Mai, the audience cheered and clapped and gave a standing ovation to the movie at the end.

Need I say more about local taste, understanding and sophistication towards movies?!

Last Fridays BBC Radio 5 movie review programme wih Simon Mayo and Mark Kermode, very well respected movie critics, gave "Taken 3" with Liam Neeson a terrible review. They said the movie has been widely criticised for being, well, crap, all around the world.

Then in came a text or tweet from a listener who had seen the movie the previous day in Chiang Mai. He said the movie was awful and he agreed with the review, but he said that in the cinema in Chiang Mai, the audience cheered and clapped and gave a standing ovation to the movie at the end.

Need I say more about local taste, understanding and sophistication towards movies?!

Well we saw it today. It was OK. We see about a movie a week and have never never seen an audience stand up and cheer after a movie.

You can say what ever you want and apparently you are. It just tells me that your posts are not always correct.

Well we saw it today. It was OK. We see about a movie a week and have never never seen an audience stand up and cheer after a movie.

You can say what ever you want and apparently you are. It just tells me that your posts are not always correct.

Dont blame me, Northern John, I was simply reporting exactly what a "travelling punter" told BBC Radio 5 !! It was somewhat surreal to be driving around Chiang Mai listening to the BBC hearing feedback on the BBC programme from someone in Chiang Mai !! ( It was a podcast by the way, I know you cant listen live!!)

Dont blame me, Northern John, I was simply reporting exactly what a "travelling punter" told BBC Radio 5 !! It was somewhat surreal to be driving around Chiang Mai listening to the BBC hearing feedback on the BBC programme from someone in Chiang Mai !! ( It was a podcast by the way, I know you cant listen live!!)

The Taken movies are certainly popular. http://www.boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/

However, I thought it was just OK and certainly no-one clapped let alone a standing ovation, which is something I've never witnessed in a Chiang Mai cinema.

Say no more BBC, Fox and the Nation all unreliable sources of information. Besides none of them helped me with my problem. I am going to get a friend to help me empty my cache. That might solve the problem. will look for more on systems restore. Two different opinions from two reputable posters. Bears looking into.

Say no more BBC, Fox and the Nation all unreliable sources of information. Besides none of them helped me with my problem. I am going to get a friend to help me empty my cache. That might solve the problem. will look for more on systems restore. Two different opinions from two reputable posters. Bears looking into.

If you are using Google Chrome click the little black and white horizontal stripes thing top right hand corner.

From the drop down box click History.

Click Clear Browsing Data

Then you can just un-check everything except Clear cached images and files (or check as preferred)

Then click Clear Browsing Data at the bottom

Finished

Sounds like there are at least 3 wittertainees in Chiang Mai ;)

• Like 1

Sounds like there are at least 3 wittertainees in Chiang Mai wink.png

You got me! I thought I was the only wittertainee in Chiang Mai !! ( theres a whole bunch of people now wondering what the hell is a wittertainee !!!!!!!!!!) So, for clarification, a wittertainee is a made up word for a fan of the BBC Radio 5 weekly movie review programme which is available every week as a podcast and is excellent !!!

• Like 1

You got me! I thought I was the only wittertainee in Chiang Mai !! ( theres a whole bunch of people now wondering what the hell is a wittertainee !!!!!!!!!!) So, for clarification, a wittertainee is a made up word for a fan of the BBC Radio 5 weekly movie review programme which is available every week as a podcast and is excellent !!!

Hope this year's cruise will stop in Chiang Mai ;)

• Like 1

I am afraid the evidence against the standing up and cheering is over whelming. That should tell you some thing about their credibility.

Simon Mayo and Mark Kermode, very well respected movie critics

I wouldn't call Simon Mayo a "well respected movie critic" - he's a jumped up DJ.

And Kermode is prone to knock anything that's successful, like most critics.

Taken 3 is Hollywood action fayre and doesn't pretend to be anything else.

I'm surprised anyone is bothering to critique it when it already has its audience. Probably just that it's an easy target for the pretentious, even though the movie itself isn't.

No surprise that two of his top ten movies of 2014 were "Interstellar" and "Under the Skin", both of which were sleep-inducing nonsense.

Having said that, I can't imagine a Thai crowd cheering and clapping it.

Dont think Simon Mayo is "jumped up". Not sure why you say that. He always comes across as a perfectly normal guy with no "billy big <deleted>" attitude at all. He also acts as a counterbalance to Mark Kermode, who I agree, sometimes gives undue praise to films I eventually find perplexing (Under The Skin being a case in point!)

However, I do enjoy the way Mark absolutely slates most "action movies." He has little time, as have I, for most of the wham bam running around a lot with explosions and things blowing up kind of movies, you know, the kind that (sadly in my opinion!) fill movie theatres the world over. Perhaps I m unusual but I enjoy movies that make me think and utilise my few remaining brain cells!

If you check out the movies nominated yesterday for this years Oscars, you will find that around 80% of them havent and wont be screened in Thailand. At least in Countries like the UK, USA and Australia all of the Oscar nominated films will have been available in normal multiplex cinemas.

Dont think Simon Mayo is "jumped up". Not sure why you say that. He always comes across as a perfectly normal guy with no "billy big <deleted>" attitude at all. He also acts as a counterbalance to Mark Kermode, who I agree, sometimes gives undue praise to films I eventually find perplexing (Under The Skin being a case in point!)

However, I do enjoy the way Mark absolutely slates most "action movies."

Simon Mayo is not a "well respected movie critic. He's a DJ who's found a niche now he's too old for pop radio.

And why bother slating action movies, they are for entertainment not cerebral challenge. It's entirely pointless.

As the poem begins, "It is not the critic who counts".

However, I do enjoy the way Mark absolutely slates most "action movies." He has little time, as have I, for most of the wham bam running around a lot with explosions and things blowing up kind of movies, you know, the kind that (sadly in my opinion!) fill movie theatres the world over. Perhaps I m unusual but I enjoy movies that make me think and utilise my few remaining brain cells!

If you check out the movies nominated yesterday for this years Oscars, you will find that around 80% of them havent and wont be screened in Thailand. At least in Countries like the UK, USA and Australia all of the Oscar nominated films will have been available in normal multiplex cinemas.

Of course they will, they are not foreign language films in UK, USA and Australia.

I have seen four of this years Oscar nominated films and I can understand why they won't be shown, because they simply would not be understood especially as a foreign language film. For us, we know about Enigma, Stephen Hawking, MLK's march from Selma to Montgomery etc, but there would be very few Thai's that know and to try and figure out what the movie is all about would really be too much. That's why action movies are so popular along with Kung &lt;deleted&gt; Panda, it's not necessary to think or know anything about the story or understand the dialogue. Running a cinema is a business, it's about getting bums on seats and selling lots of popcorn, the needs of the few count for very little in such cases.

• Like 1

Simon Mayo and Mark Kermode, very well respected movie critics

I wouldn't call Simon Mayo a "well respected movie critic" - he's a jumped up DJ.

And Kermode is prone to knock anything that's successful, like most critics.

Taken 3 is Hollywood action fayre and doesn't pretend to be anything else.

I'm surprised anyone is bothering to critique it when it already has its audience. Probably just that it's an easy target for the pretentious, even though the movie itself isn't.

No surprise that two of his top ten movies of 2014 were "Interstellar" and "Under the Skin", both of which were sleep-inducing nonsense.

Having said that, I can't imagine a Thai crowd cheering and clapping it.

Other opinions are available ;)

• Like 1