In udon Thani on a 1 month VOA

I landed in Bangkok and Thailand on 1st January.

I'm now in Udon Thani.

I'd like to stay in Thailand until the end of February, possibly March or April, outside chance of staying until May.

Question 1. Can I get a 1 month extension in Udon Thani or Chiang Mai?

2. If not, the most cost effective way is going to Vientiane? I heard its pretty bad value for hotels and transport, and I don't want to catch bed bugs.

3. How much would the visas i might go for cost?

Thank you!!!

You are on a visa exempt entry, not a visa on arrival.

You can extend your stay by 30 days at any immigration office. Afterhtat you will have to leave Thailand and could get a (double) entry tourist visa in Laos.

Extension is 1,900 baht. A tourist visa is 1,000 baht per entry.

• Like 1

You got a 30 day visa exempt entry not a VOA.

1. You can get a 30 day extension of your visa exempt entry at any immigration office but you need a local address to on the application form. The fee is 1900 baht.

2. From Udon it is a short trip to Vientiane. You can get a 2 entry tourist visa there that would cost 2000 baht (1000 baht per entry).

Check some of the reports here for Vientiane for more info Latest Reports Of Getting A Visa In The Region

So i better get a longer visa now while I'm in Udon Thani, nearer a boarder, as my next stop, Chiang Mai, will be much more of a hassel, right?

What's the price for 2 months and 3 months in loas? If you could be so kind to tell.

Edited by wondercul

You get 60 day for each entry that can be extended for 30 days. You can get up to 60 months of total stay from a 2 entry visa.

You have to get the Lao visa on arrival if you want to get a tourist visa or just want to cross the bridge and return to get a visa exempt entry.

I just can't beleive Thailand has made it such an effort to get a visa.

I have heard people mention getting a "real visa" - a visa that doesn't require leaving the country. How much does that cost?

Edited by wondercul