Prayuth vows to bring 'smiles' to 2010 crackdown site

webfact

On the contrary, he appears to have an encyclopaedic if rather one sided first hand knowledge of what went on. Quite remarkable really, given that he admits to being 25 years old (15 when the tsunami struck remember) and has managed despite that tender age to have raised a family which has been threatened by the redshirts and is in charge of a large "crew" (occupation unspecified but photographs posted)!

Good thing that I'm not a cynical old bastard, or I would be wondering what was true and what was bullshit!

Edited by JAG
  • Like 1

100 people murdered and this is shrugged off as problems with vendors and rallies? Maybe happiness will occur when all parties, including the military, take ownership of past transgressions.

Gen. Prayuth said. "As for this area, in the past there were problems with vendors and political rallies"

And while they're at it, the red-shirts can take responsibility for shutting down businesses, burning a mall, and placing hundreds of thousands of workers in harm's way during their lawless occupation of downtown Bangkok.

And millions more would have been there if the military hadn't blocked all the highways into the capital.

the government promised an election after the coup then reneged, typical backsliding Dems.

No wonder the people went ballistic.

• Like 1

ah, the ever-forgetful apologists.

Tell us how your truth jives with nearly 100 deaths and of those, what, around a handful were solders? First 2 days of the 'final assault' led by the current 'PM' had 29 protesters in the morgue and ... 0 soldiers. How the heck is that justified?

Don't forget to mention the civilians killed by your red friends.

Yes it is disgusting how the brave leaders at first accepted Abhisit's offer of early elections when he gave in to their demands in an attempt to avoid farther bloodshed then the next day reneged on that agreement.

All the deaths and injuries after that can be squarely laid at the door of the one who made the decision not to end the riots at that time for that decision left no alternative but to clear the protesters out, that they resisted and force was needed must be on the head of the decision maker.

Now who could have been responsible for that decision, who could possibly have needed more blood in an attempt to farther his attempted overthrow of the legal Government ?

You are right it is not justified and I don't know how the red leaders and their controller can live with knowing that their decision to continue the riots lad to so many deaths.

But of course they just deny it as do you, and it should be noted that not one of them have ever shown any remorse for all the people they go killed and injured and all they damage they caused with their completely unjustified riots.

one at a time:

Don't forget to mention the civilians killed by your red friends.

I don't condone violence by anyone, much less killing.

All the deaths and injuries after that can be squarely laid at the door of the one who

let me finish this one correctly... 'of the one who actually did the killing and/or who ordered it'

Yes, I know you mean Thaksin, but as so many people in the world, you just forget about 'responsibility for your own actions'. Not only is your argument to allude to Thaksin as responsible nonsense, it also ignores the fact that then General, now 'PM' Prayuth-O-Cha was in charge of the security forces on May 15th to 19th... when the majority of all of the deaths occurred and when ... how many soldiers died? Wasn't there a case of friendly fire? I don't recall. No, that was a massacre and it wasn't "someone else's" fault.

Lastly, do please tell me what I "deny"?

Have fun.

The red shirt apologists here are incredibly selective in their memories or are simply in denial about what went on during the months of April and May 2010 in Bangkok. It was armed insurrection that was becoming more violent and bloody by the day. The violence was getting out of control and more sporadic.
Negotiations had failed because the red shirts leadership core couldn't agree to terms and made unrealistic demands. They goaded the army into a fight, and it was a fight the reds knew they couldn't win. It was not a massacre, certainly not in any context, especially when in the majority of cases armed clashes were taking place when people were in fact killed.

The likelihood of it happening again is very high, so I can see the wisdom in what the general is trying to do. But it isn't going to solve the problem. And it is very difficult to say exactly what will fix the problem. Democracy is a non starter when it is crystal clear that politicians and their lackeys are unable to be even prosecutred for any type of graft.
Until Thailand grows a pair and people smarten up and start holding higher ups accountable how could it possibly improve. The elites need taking down a peg, but red terrorists also need to get punished. Politics here is a murky business so it is good that people get to enjoy anythng at all frankly.

• Like 2

100 people murdered and this is shrugged off as problems with vendors and rallies? Maybe happiness will occur when all parties, including the military, take ownership of past transgressions.

Gen. Prayuth said. "As for this area, in the past there were problems with vendors and political rallies"

The re-writing and sanitation of history; practiced by governments worldwide in the name variously of 'harmony' (China) or, in this case, 'Thainess', to name but two.

"It's all peaceful now."

"Thais don't destroy each other."

He made me start my day with a smile. Oh sorry, with a laugh. No, it was more like a very loud laughter that might have woken up my neighbors.

Is it peaceful in the South?

Is there peace between university student gangs?

Is there peace between idiots on the roads and a handful "normal" drivers?

Is there peace for tourists visiting Koh Tao?

Is there peace between the jet ski mafia and tourists??

Is there peace between the beach chair mafia and tourists?

Thais don't destroy each other by shooting each other, cutting dicks off, stabbing each other?

No, never. 55555

Thailand is so peaceful.

"When I was visiting foreign countries, foreigners asked me"

Could he have worded it just a little different to make it sound like the rest of the world actually matters to him!

They really don't want to be part of the wider global community do they.

• Like 2

And while they're at it, the red-shirts can take responsibility for shutting down businesses, burning a mall, and placing hundreds of thousands of workers in harm's way during their lawless occupation of downtown Bangkok.

yea same as yellow shirts shutting down the airport? your bias is overwhelming dear fellow

The soldiers would be the ones that need to be cheered up.

6 soldiers were killed before a single protestor died. Soldiers fired rubber bullets and tear gas before a single bullet killed a protestor. Ahbisit was criticized for being too lenient on them.

A few months ago in the centre of Brisbane a man was shot by police because he had a knife in his hands.. He didn't have grenades. He didn't take police hostage. He didn't storm buildings. He didn't shot anyone. He didn't attack anyone. He didn't storm a hospital. Yet he was still shot.

In Thailand they threatened to blow up LPG truck, grenade attacks at Thai banks, attacked Thai charity with grenades, stormed parliament, attacked NPP and TPI buildings with M16 and grenades, (this was around the time tear gas and bullets were fired by the soldiers), stormed police hospital, stormed TV station (people even questioned Ahbisits control of the soldiers after the lack of resistance they offered the red shirts on this occasion), bomb attacked on electricity pylons, 2 police taken hostage, destroyed CCTV cameras, dumped tyres on sky train tracks.

​Smiles are needed, but this need to be on the poor soldiers faces.

You clearly understand nothing about Thai politics. Interesting that your home nation of Australia has banned the Junta Generals from stepping foot on its shores. Your sentiments are at odds with not only your entire homeland but also the majority of the Thai population. You clearly understand nothing about Thai politics.

This is the truth but Jamie is young, so we should bear that in mind, often when i read his posts I have a wry smile. Later in life he will 'wake up' and cringe at supporting a Military take-over of a democracy but for now he totally believes this is 'the right thing' *sigh*

• Like 1

The soldiers would be the ones that need to be cheered up.

6 soldiers were killed before a single protestor died. Soldiers fired rubber bullets and tear gas before a single bullet killed a protestor. Ahbisit was criticized for being too lenient on them.

A few months ago in the centre of Brisbane a man was shot by police because he had a knife in his hands.. He didn't have grenades. He didn't take police hostage. He didn't storm buildings. He didn't shot anyone. He didn't attack anyone. He didn't storm a hospital. Yet he was still shot.

In Thailand they threatened to blow up LPG truck, grenade attacks at Thai banks, attacked Thai charity with grenades, stormed parliament, attacked NPP and TPI buildings with M16 and grenades, (this was around the time tear gas and bullets were fired by the soldiers), stormed police hospital, stormed TV station (people even questioned Ahbisits control of the soldiers after the lack of resistance they offered the red shirts on this occasion), bomb attacked on electricity pylons, 2 police taken hostage, destroyed CCTV cameras, dumped tyres on sky train tracks.

​Smiles are needed, but this need to be on the poor soldiers faces.

You clearly understand nothing about Thai politics. Interesting that your home nation of Australia has banned the Junta Generals from stepping foot on its shores. Your sentiments are at odds with not only your entire homeland but also the majority of the Thai population. You clearly understand nothing about Thai politics.

This is the truth but Jamie is young, so we should bear that in mind, often when i read his posts I have a wry smile. Later in life he will 'wake up' and cringe at supporting a Military take-over of a democracy but for now he totally believes this is 'the right thing' *sigh*

When Thai politics include having a few Men-in-Black shoot and drop grenades on non-red-shirts I think Thai politics needs a major clean-up.

"The people" are just fed up with the system that is only protecting the super rich and keeping the masses dumb and poor. They have been for many years. Elected governments that are too much pro normal people are ousted by the military again and again. Violence in the streets is bad but exploiting poor people also is!

"When I was visiting foreign countries, foreigners asked me"

Could he have worded it just a little different to make it sound like the rest of the world actually matters to him!

They really don't want to be part of the wider global community do they.

Those currently in power don't care too much about the wider global community. They are focused on retaining control of the country, its assets and its (and their) future governance.
  • Like 1

"When I was visiting foreign countries, foreigners asked me if Thailand was stable and peaceful yet, whether the protests were over," the junta chairman said. "I told them with pride: they are all over. It's all peaceful now."

It's just like North Korea.

Everybody is "happy" !!!

Not too long ago Thailand was at the brink of a civil war.

Does the patronizing general with all his guns think that everybody is happy?

There may be a timebomb ticking.

If anything is likely to bring the country closer to civil war it is the generals consistent disregarded for the repeated decision of the Thai electorate!
  • Like 2

I'm very Happy now with you General.

Please keep on bringing the smile on my facethumbsup.gif

Stop drinking Pattaya Costas, your posts are getting lower and lower to meaningless ......Your lover boy , together with the yellows is responsible for killing 90+ people in 2010......

I'm very Happy now with you General.

Please keep on bringing the smile on my facethumbsup.gif

Stop drinking Pattaya Costas, your posts are getting lower and lower to meaningless ......Your lover boy , together with the yellows is responsible for killing 90+ people in 2010......

Wasn't that 76 red-shirts, some army, police, a nurse, a BTS user ?

UDD leaders, spokes persons totally innocent, MiB a figment of imagination, same with Thaksin standing far, far behind the red-shirts he didn't know.

Anyway, without guns being fired in the night and without grenade lobbing on non-red-shirts lots of Thai are already happy and smiling.

• Like 1