toyota service

meatboy

I think the OP did not deserve the abuse he received.

His problem is that he is being caught by the time related element of the Toyota service schedule.

I have a Toyota and under the time related service schedule if I did, say, 10 kilometres in the last six months it would require another oil and filter change despite the fact that it had one only ten km ago.

That is manifestly stupid, wasteful and shows limited respect for a finite resource but it is nonetheless what the service schedule requires. So far as I can see these matters are not subject to dealer discretion.

If you do a low mileage but you want to keep your Toyota warranty in Thailand you have to accept that you are going to be paying a Toyota dealer for work that is unnecessary and watching perfectly good parts go in the bin.

The situation with Toyota in Europe is different and better.

• Like 1

One option - if/ when they change parts like air filters which are OK, take the replaced one home.

Reinstall old one. When off warranty, replace as needed with new one.

agree with you seedy but actually it was only cleaned,in the uk.anything that needed to be changed would be put in the boot for your inspection.

the car is 28months old done 2,800 klms.and yet it has had 2 oil changes,suposingly.

this was the last check under the warranty.FREE LABOUR and mustnt forget the free car wash.

agree with you seedy but actually it was only cleaned,in the uk.anything that needed to be changed would be put in the boot for your inspection.

the car is 28months old done 2,800 klms.and yet it has had 2 oil changes,suposingly.

this was the last check under the warranty.FREE LABOUR and mustnt forget the free car wash.

You are kind of at the mercy of Toyota service to keep warranty valid.

After it expires, and does not look like you drive it much, change oil once a year just for luck and good to go.

Also good idea to flush and refill brake fluid every 2 years, especially if equipped with antilock brakes. Brake fluid is hygroscopic and will pull water right out of the air.

Use brakes hard enuf occasionally to have ABS engage and allow the solenoid valves in the brake controller to cycle too.

So Toyota did not change your tyre with the spare and they did not wash it properly.

Stands to reason as they are neither a tyre shop or car wash.

My Toyota dealer always ask if I want the truck washed after the service, I decline as it would put a few more hours there waiting. My truck has bigger tyres/wheels on and they tell you if they think something is wrong. I had to replace some wheel nuts on the last check. Had the aircon service done recently too, 1600THB. Put a K & N filter in and never pay f or another air filter again. Just wash and oil it up once or twice a year.

• Like 1

So Toyota did not change your tyre with the spare and they did not wash it properly.

My Toyota dealer always ask if I want the truck washed after the service, I decline as it would put a few more hours there waiting. My truck has bigger tyres/wheels on and they tell you if they think something is wrong. I had to replace some wheel nuts on the last check. Had the aircon service done recently too, 1600THB. Put a K & N filter in and never pay f or another air filter again. Just wash and oil it up once or twice a year.

K&N filters rarely need cleaning or oiling...As I recall after 100,000 miles it might need a refurb......

I had one on the car when I bought it. It never seemed to get dirty.

Brought a pleated paper element over from Canada last trip, made a mount for it.

No contest - the paper element trapped way more dust/dirt than the K and N

For Hi-Po use on a closed course, would be ok. But on the road, dust kicked up by traffic, I won't be going back.

Totally different filters, paper has minute breathing area that cloggs up easy. K&N is totally different in that it has "depth" for the air to fool around with, nooooo paper, just fibre and oil. I used one on my fun ride for twenty years on street and strip. Cleaned it a couple of times.

Toyota will add on extras for your service and give you a form to sign all in Thai for you to agree even though they can speak English. They will only do this if you are on your own with no Thai partner. They will look for things to change to bump the price up. Will never go to Toyota again after they ripped me off.

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Toyota will add on extras for your service and give you a form to sign all in Thai for you to agree even though they can speak English. They will only do this if you are on your own with no Thai partner. They will look for things to change to bump the price up. Will never go to Toyota again after they ripped me off.

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Total rolox..............rolleyes.gif

K&N filters rarely need cleaning or oiling...As I recall after 100,000 miles it might need a refurb......

Pops, things have moved on since your day. K&N recommend cleaning every 40,000 miles. Over here when dry and dusty I clean mine more often. I have the same truck as you, that filter gets dirty, frigging look after it.

K&N was designed to breath more air than the stock filter but retaining the stock size. Mainly for hoped up engines using the same filter dimensions. In fact you can use a smaller K&N filter than stock and improve induction.......

Please don't bring the old guy into a our discussions eh..........rolleyes.gif ...Trying to "belittle" folk looks rather stupid....