Ubon golf

my friend I

There is an army course in Warin which is on the left of Warin coming from Ubon. If you use google maps magnify Warin you will see it shown. There is also a par 3 near the ring to Se-Saket intersection disguised as a hotel and coffee shop. I think it is still there?

I'm told there's one in Amnat Charoen also, which one of the hash house harriers uses. No further details other than he says it's playable!

Could get details from him if any golfers are interested. That makes 5 in the province (and counting?)

Must get my half set out one day, having gone to the trouble of bringing it over here (free on Emirates). I'm a hacker* but the great thing about golf unlike other sports is that the worse you are the more gos you get!

*As in no handicap - I don't actually destroy courses!

• Like 1

There is a 18 hole course on the air base. No carts as of yet, but they are working on paths now. There is an 9 hole course on the Warin Army Camp in Warin, 15*12'06.35"N, 104*52'07"E. The 9 hole course at the intersection of 231, Ring Rd. and 226, Sisaket Hwy is a par 3 course with one or two par 4s. Have not played there. A group of Expats play every Tuesday at Warin Army Camp with a tee off time of between 06:30 and 07:00 am. We play Thursday's at the air base with the same tee times. Come join us. Getting onto Warin Army Camp is not difficult. Most of the time the guards just wave you through. At the gates of the air base they will most likely stop you and ask where you are going. Just tell them that you are going to play golf. Bi len golf, khrap. They may ask to hold your drivers license or some ID until you leave the base. Entering the main gate just follow the road until you see the course on your left and make the left turn just down the road. There are 3 gates to the base. You can use either one.

• Like 1