No water again in parts of East Pattaya

flyingsaucersarereal

Had the same problems with unreliable city water, when I moved to the Darkside (NPW area).

Bought an UV resistant water tank, pump, pipes and some fittings for ~10K.

Did the (more than simple) installation by myself, problem sorted.

The Landlord promised me to pay the 10K, when I leave the house.

• 2 weeks later...

Our mains water supply went off again.

No real problem as we have a tank.

But out side our gate wearer is running day and night.

We have reported it several times but when they come out they say it's not there leak.

Well when the mains water goes off the water leak stops.

It's not rocket science but they have a problem understanding !!!.

Yes this a third world nation.

Over 5 years now, just think how much water has been lost.

It is possible for the city water pressure to drop so low and that if not correctly plumbed in, the customers own pump will suck air through the inlet which will spin the meter. This will result in higher monthly water bills despite using less city water.

Next time the city water is off, make sure that you isolate it completely.

Well it looks like we've just been reamed right up the arse.

Our bill has came to 770 baht this month from a monthly average of approx 250 baht.

A guy gas came out to check the meter and surprise surprise its OK, there's nothing wrong with it.

I'm currently overseas so my wife is trying to deal with it. She has been down to the office in Sattahip who in turn sent their guy down there to check it out, at our cost.

I've asked the wifey to call the Bangkok number on the back of the receipt to try and get a response from them.

Our mains water supply went off again.

No real problem as we have a tank.

But out side our gate wearer is running day and night.

We have reported it several times but when they come out they say it's not there leak.

Well when the mains water goes off the water leak stops.

It's not rocket science but they have a problem understanding !!!.

Yes this a third world nation.

Over 5 years now, just think how much water has been lost.

It is possible for the city water pressure to drop so low and that if not correctly plumbed in, the customers own pump will suck air through the inlet which will spin the meter. This will result in higher monthly water bills despite using less city water.

Next time the city water is off, make sure that you isolate it completely.

Well it looks like we've just been reamed right up the arse.

Our bill has came to 770 baht this month from a monthly average of approx 250 baht.

A guy gas came out to check the meter and surprise surprise its OK, there's nothing wrong with it.

I'm currently overseas so my wife is trying to deal with it. She has been down to the office in Sattahip who in turn sent their guy down there to check it out, at our cost.

I've asked the wifey to call the Bangkok number on the back of the receipt to try and get a response from them.

Next time the city water is off, get wifey to take a picture of the meter and the still spinning flow counter... THEN have her talk to head office.

• Like 1

Which office handles you ?

I am in Na Jomtien and my water is supplied by the office in Naklua near the railroad tracks. Since my house is in a company name I pay a higher rate than I would if it were in a private name. My electricity on the other hand is handled by the office in Sattahip

My house had iron water fittings fitted under the house

.I had water leaks [checked the meter] under the house but did not know where [nor hear water running].

Evidently the acid water can burn through the iron fittings

.I had to have some new plasic pipes replace those underground.Unsightly but I could not get to the iron pipes underneath.

I also had this problem before in Bangkok.

I live on the darkside.

Even in Central Pattaya, west side, we don't have sufficient water, in the Pattaya Klang and Arunothai area. Nirun Grandville condo drilled 3 wells, to try to get more water, all wells are now dry. Daily water tanker deliveries to 9 Karat condo and Nirun Condo and many other homes and businesses in the area. Water in this area has been sufficient for the last 5 years at least!!

Edited by cigar7