Hooking Up The Thais

TRIPxCORE

I know it's quite common among Filipinos to ask relatives or friends living overseas to find a potential spouse for a daughter, cousin, niece or whatever. You know, some family member. So if you are married to a Thai and you live, or have lived, overseas with them, have you ever been solicited to try and find a nice, potential spouse for a family member? Is this common for Thai people or not? What are your experiences?

Edited by TRIPxCORE

Yes I have been approached many times. Last year a 42 yo woman gave me a photo of her 19 yo daughter, give it to XXXX and ask him to contact my daughter she said.

I get about 4 photos a month with phone numbers on the back . The mother / father always says they want a farang same me . I tell them there is only one :o

I keep the best looking ones ..........What ?

A 32 year old lady who works at a spa in a four star hotel.

A 23 year old grad student whose dad is wealthy, she thinks Farang don’t beat up their wives and wants to try one as her last hi so boyfriend beat her up. I said she could have me but she said 35 was her upper age limit.

A 60 year old farm and restaurant owner. She has a beautiful home on the farm.

Two massage ladies who work at an upscale straight massage place. They either want a boyfriend or me to teach them enough English so they can get a job at a bar. I trade massages for English lessons. One is a little on the chubby side and the other is good looking but has two kids.

A lesbian who owns a laundry, bar and slot machine place. She says she wants to try a man because she has never had one and her girlfriend is too bitchy and a butterfly.

A blind lady who wants to cover the tuition for her son. She is married but says her husband would understand.

The mammasan at a pretty well known club in Bangkok but I don’t think she is a woman.

A lady friend from Phichit but she already has two Farang husbands but says she has room for a third.

I could go on as I normally get asked about once a day. I only fixed up one. The guy turned out to be a jerk and tried to borrow money from me for dinner.

Yes I have been approached many times. Last year a 42 yo woman gave me a photo of her 19 yo daughter, give it to XXXX and ask him to contact my daughter she said.

I get about 4 photos a month with phone numbers on the back . The mother / father always says they want a farang same me . I tell them there is only one :o

I keep the best looking ones ..........What ?

smart man

My wife sometimes helps, not very hard mind you, her friends she works with. There is the one girl who really wants to stay in the States and wants to meet an American. She is a very nice girl and only wants to get involved if there is love, not just to stay. So, my wife keeps in open eye. She met a guy I work with and asked me later if he was married. I told her yes and my wife says "Too bad for Noi." Nothing so brazen though as carrying picturees or talking to strangers.

My wife sometimes helps, not very hard mind you, her friends she works with. There is the one girl who really wants to stay in the States and wants to meet an American. She is a very nice girl and only wants to get involved if there is love, not just to stay. So, my wife keeps in open eye. She met a guy I work with and asked me later if he was married. I told her yes and my wife says "Too bad for Noi." Nothing so brazen though as carrying picturees or talking to strangers.

:o Is there a dictionary where the love is translated as "american passport"?

My wife doesn't ask me at all. She's been asked several times by ladies, and some of the men, to ask me to find a farang like me for them. I've never been given a number or photo of anyone. It's mostly polite conversation with the wife, never me. We have a cousin or two that we'd like to find a nice husband for, but I don't go out of my way to do anything. I brought a friend with me on one of my trips home, he did in fact fall in love with one of the cousins. We went to dinner, they met, and fell in love immediately. They've been together ever since... they will marry in October. They will live in Thailand, just down the road from my wife and I.

My wife gets asked all the time but we aggreed never to do it. I know some decent guys but don't want the risk of setting them up with a girl who's motive isn't 100% clear. Even though there are many great ladies here its the family influence that poses the biggest risk. We don't want to be blamed should the relationship go sour and lose friends in the process.

I get asked a lot, but I would never try to bring together two people who have an extremely vague idea of the other one's culture and expectations, and cannot communicate properly... so I usually tell the girls who ask that I dont know any good farang.

The examples I have seen of attempted matchmaking have not been successful. Not to say that it will never work, obviously it does sometimes.

:o Is there a dictionary where the love is translated as "american passport"?

I knew there would be one who would go there. No, it doesn't. She has not met any white boys she thinks behave in a polite fashion and is still seeking to extend her stay here, regardless. She has also met a nice Thai guy going here for school and seems stuck on him.

well I'm a nice 62 yo farang looking fo a bride

I'm minted

own house paid for

single

money in the bank

never hit a women in my life

and as ugly as sin (fat old and wrinkely)

what are my chances

Les

Good luck finding a good one.

Interesting topic:

Its not un-common this request or comment and it is understandable as we come to thailand and suddenly we are building nice property for our wives/ladies whatever the case may be.

I always get asked to find daughters husbands (Farang) and even older ladies whose thai husbands work away and maybe come home 3/4 times a year and never send money to there wives its to be expected.

I have been given photographs with information on the back, I to just reply there are not any Farangs like me I am a one off ha ha.

I dont blame them at all for hoping for a better life style.

macb