Tottenham Thread

chonabot

here is the load of <deleted> that you missed [alzheimers hasnt set in yet]

1960-61 the first team of the 20th century to do the double.

1963 the first english team to win the uefa cup winners cup[beating athletico madrid 5-1]

1967 f.a.cup

add 1962 f.a.cup.nearly missed it. getting old

Well done meatboy, Alfie will be BALD with his facepalm.gif.pagespeed.ce.EuN79TyYk_.giffacepalm.gif.pagespeed.ce.EuN79TyYk_.giffacepalm.gif.pagespeed.ce.EuN79TyYk_.giffacepalm.gif.pagespeed.ce.EuN79TyYk_.giffacepalm.gif.pagespeed.ce.EuN79TyYk_.gifclap2.gif.pagespeed.ce.z5euFoXm0J.gif

BT coffee1.gif

1963 the first english team to win the uefa cup winners cup[beating athletico madrid 5-1]

1967 f.a.cup

Unless my eyes are deceiving me you said the 60s and 70s teams, i actually only commented on the 70s team, you quote the 60s team record facepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.gif perhaps it has set in ! laugh.png

1967 f.a.cup

Well done meatboy, Alfie will be BALD with his facepalm.gif.pagespeed.ce.EuN79TyYk_.giffacepalm.gif.pagespeed.ce.EuN79TyYk_.giffacepalm.gif.pagespeed.ce.EuN79TyYk_.giffacepalm.gif.pagespeed.ce.EuN79TyYk_.giffacepalm.gif.pagespeed.ce.EuN79TyYk_.gifclap2.gif.pagespeed.ce.z5euFoXm0J.gif

BT coffee1.gif

Perhaps you and meatboy will get a bigger discount if you go to Specsaver together as its pretty obvious that neither of you can read !!

nobody has mentioned the offside goal.so it must have been

is the spurs manager a farmer? thats all he seemed to be doing was whistling as if he was controlling a pack of sheep dogs.whistling.gif

Bit like saying "nobody mentioned the Marshians landing on Earth yesterday " so it must have happened biggrin.png

fergie said it was definately offside. and he is always right.

who remembers the 60's and the early 70's,

who cant forget.

this lot playing now wouldnt make the reserves..

i used to be a hardened fan of spurs 60's& 70's

jimmy,danny,dave,cliff,terry,mike,alan[m]&[g] and our terry v.

Alfie try and read meatboy's original post you Twxt before trying to slang us off re Spec savers - maybe you should go back to school to learn HOW to read…. "CORRECTLY" w00t.gifgiggle.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.gif

BT coffee1.gif

nobody has mentioned the offside goal.so it must have been

is the spurs manager a farmer? thats all he seemed to be doing was whistling as if he was controlling a pack of sheep dogs.whistling.gif

Bit like saying "nobody mentioned the Marshians landing on Earth yesterday " so it must have happened biggrin.png

who cant forget.

Alfie try and read meatboy's original post you Twxt before trying to slang us off re Spec savers - maybe you should go back to school to learn HOW to read…. "CORRECTLY" w00t.gifgiggle.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.gif

BT coffee1.gif

Yes he said "60s and the early 70's" now unless the 60's team was still playing in the early 70s he must have been talking about 2 teams ! and you commented on my reading cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Edited by alfieconn

who cant forget.

BT coffee1.gif

Yes he said "60s and the early 70's" now unless the 60's team was still playing in the early 70s he must have been talking about 2 teams !

No wonder you are facepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.gif in most IF not ALL of your posts cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif Back to school for you smile.png

BT coffee1.gif

BT coffee1.gif

Yes he said "60s and the early 70's" now unless the 60's team was still playing in the early 70s he must have been talking about 2 teams !

No wonder you are facepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.gif in most IF not ALL of your posts cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif Back to school for you smile.png

BT coffee1.gif

So was he talking about 2 teams or not ?

I can only think that Chiriches and Kaboul can't be 100% fit to not be included in the

sqaud for this match.

Capoue though, came in and did a good job at centre back.

Dembele didn't play midweek so that explains his selection over Sandro.

Kyle Noughton came in for the injured Verthongen.

Lamela on the bench for Chadli, again one replaces the other from midweek.

Holtby starts in the no.10 role as he didn't start at Fulham but managed to score the

winner coming off the bench.

Lennon was one of our best players today and justified in playing both recent games.

Surprised to see Defoe start again, but after watching the game he could have scored a hatrick on another

day, at least he made chances for himself by showing some good movement up front, unlike Soldado who is

much more static when he plays.

As for Paulinho, well he's played in every game this season and justifiably so, top player.

I can only think that Chiriches and Kaboul can't be 100% fit to not be included in the

sqaud for this match.

Capoue though, came in and did a good job at centre back.

Dembele didn't play midweek so that explains his selection over Sandro.

Kyle Noughton came in for the injured Verthongen.

Lamela on the bench for Chadli, again one replaces the other from midweek.

Holtby starts in the no.10 role as he didn't start at Fulham but managed to score the

winner coming off the bench.

Lennon was one of our best players today and justified in playing both recent games.

Surprised to see Defoe start again, but after watching the game he could have scored a hatrick on another

day, at least he made chances for himself by showing some good movement up front, unlike Soldado who is

much more static when he plays.

As for Paulinho, well he's played in every game this season and justifiably so, top player.

I don't like the persistent chopping and changing of our back four but as you say in this case it was probably injury drive. Capoue proved again what a versatile talented player he is and did a good job.

Sunderland were poor and we made things more difficult than they should have been Defoe should have scored twice and Paulinho hitting the post....we'll need to improve our finishing next weekend for sure.

Just because Paulinho is an exceptional player doesn't mean he should be played every game. I'd rather have him fresh for Liverpool and played Sandro alongside Dembele, who i thought was our best player. i see no reason why it would be a choice between Sandro or Dembele to start

Walker and Lennon impressed too yesterday. Day to forget for Hugo!

Chadli never really seemed to get into the game apart from the excellent header to create the goal and it was a shame not to see Lamela get a start.

All in all three points and a strong second half performance and for me the first real signs of some understanding developing.

A question lads, would we have bought Lamela if we'd known how much Townsend had come on ?

I read a report somewhere that Real Madrid are interested in him, so I guess buying Lamela was an OK decision. Posted Image

Apparently they want to swap him for bale and give us 50m Posted Image

Have they paid for Modric yet?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

It's quite clear that Lennon is returning to full fitness after his long term injury

and should be first choice for the right wing spot.

Townsend should be played on the left like he did last night when he came on,

otherwise stick with Chadli.

Defoe or Soldado? for the next match at home to Liverpool.

I think Defoe did enough to retain a start.

I think Lamela will play more in the cup games to ease him in to the team over the season.

I don't think he's ready for the EPL at the moment.

Arse vs totts in the 3rd rnd boys. Soldaduddo vs Arse reserve defence? Or will Wenger put out the big boys?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Arsenal, Spurs in the FA cup...Wenger we field his strongest available team and you know it!!

Cold winter afternoon, Wenger in his sleeping bag, AVB in the little black coat his mum bought him for christmas....should be a great cup atmosphere

There's some talk that Lamela will be loaned out to Atletico Madrid come January.

I'd be surprised if this is true. He's supposed to be learning English and adjusting to life in london.

Lamela, as i mentioned a few days ago, has taken a while to adjust at all the clubs he's played for, but we've already seen glimpses of the undoubted talent we have.

We'll see!

There's some talk that Lamela will be loaned out to Atletico Madrid come January.

I'd be surprised if this is true. He's supposed to be learning English and adjusting to life in london.

Lamela, as i mentioned a few days ago, has taken a while to adjust at all the clubs he's played for, but we've already seen glimpses of the undoubted talent we have.

We'll see!

Outside of his boyhood club, Spurs is only the second club he's played for. So there isn't really a historical pattern as yet. Still potentially in the category that never adjusted and moves on for a packet of pork scratchings in 2 years.

Arse vs totts in the 3rd rnd boys. Soldaduddo vs Arse reserve defence? Or will Wenger put out the big boys?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Arsenal, Spurs in the FA cup...Wenger we field his strongest available team and you know it!!

Wenger isn't that nasty carmine, he'll want to give you a chance.

wink.png

We'll see!

The only surprise for me would be the loan thing, I thought he'd just get transferred in January.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/448072/Tottenham-preparing-to-loan-Erik-Lamela-to-Atletico-Madrid-in-January

Load of nonsense that.

Why.....how will he improve sitting on the bench?

He's improving every game. Regardless of whether the likes of myself agree AVB is bringing him through gradually and the club seem quite relaxed about it. The obvious concerns were Soldado but the hat trick will have helped.

I just don't see why you would think a transfer is remotely conceivable actually! Everyone at the club is convinced we have a star in the making that is young, can't speak the language and needs time and thats what he's getting.

Regards sitting on the bench, he's now getting more and more game time, but still gradually.

Perhaps it would be fairer to give AVB a little more time to judge this one. And Lamela swell for that matter.

Stop reading the Daily Mail Ups!!!biggrin.png

Load of nonsense that.

He's improving every game. Regardless of whether the likes of myself agree AVB is bringing him through gradually and the club seem quite relaxed about it. The obvious concerns were Soldado but the hat trick will have helped.

I just don't see why you would think a transfer is remotely conceivable actually! Everyone at the club is convinced we have a star in the making that is young, can't speak the language and needs time and thats what he's getting.

Regards sitting on the bench, he's now getting more and more game time, but still gradually.

Perhaps it would be fairer to give AVB a little more time to judge this one. And Lamela swell for that matter.

It was The Express laugh.png

Load of nonsense that.

It was The Express laugh.png

The Express isn't a newspaper, its a comicwink.png

OK I'll wait until it's in The Guardian then it must be true.

I see Soldado has found his goal scoring touch.

Seems so. I always thought it was crucial that our midfield provided him with some service rather than taking thirty yard shots at goal

OK I'll wait until it's in The Guardian then it must be true.

I see Soldado has found his goal scoring touch.

Seems so. I always thought it was crucial that our midfield provided him with some service rather than taking thirty yard shots at goal

Aint that the truth....hopefully this is the start of his season!