Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Well , as a few other lesser teams have their thread , why not ?

My prediction for today, at the Reebok stadium is 1 - 1.

Spurs have had a very good pre-season run, hoping new striker Berbatov will have a good start to his prem career.

Mini match report to follow.

:o

• Replies 31.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm starting to get excited about Spurs' first European competition for a while.... :o

Draw takes place for the UEFA 1st round proper on Aug 25th , the last qualifying matches being played Wed/Thu.

Champs league would have been nice, but I think we need another year or 2 before we have the firepower to make an impression on the biggest club stage.

:D

Spurs---Sheff Utd.

The best team won,I wish Sheffield would have played in the first half as they did in the second.

Ade Akinbiyi needs putting to graze....embarassing,and how good is Lenon?

I,m glad Mrs Soi Hok was ,nt up to watch it ,now I,m off to bed.

I am absolutely ecstatic that we have got Mido back, he is a class act! Perfect timing as well as Berby is out for a couple of weeks after being injured playing for Bulgaria in the week.

Now Jolly Martin has a decision to make; Mido+Keno or Mido+Daffy..!!!

Daffy must be buzzing after his 2 goals for England, albeit against cr@p. If he scores again against Macedonia how can the boss leave him out, it would kill his confidence in both manager and club!

Nice problems to have I suppose if you're a manager but a worry for fans if Daffy was to get p1ssed off!

Speaking to the boys back in London, gossip is that Davids will be gone in January as he's always upsetting the dressing room and Petrov will come in to play left side. Everyone seems happy about Malbranque coming in but there's still a few question marks over Chimbonda. If he's that good that we chased him for soooo long, why wasn't anyone else in for him.

Hope he proves everyone wrong and we are desperate for a decent right back. Staltieri did OK but he's more of a midfielder.

I reckon we'll go with Lennon on the left for now and Malbranque on the right. My own preferred pair in the middle would be Zakora and Murphy.

GO LILLIES!

1-0 loss to Man U , not too bad , probably deserved a draw, against the in-form side of the season so far.

I reckon Spurs will get a top 6 without too much hassle, but Liverpool and Arsenal will need to pick their socks up soon to get top 4.

Shock sides of the season will possibly be Villa/Portsmouth

:o

Slavia Prague v Tottenham

Evzena Rosickeho Stadium

Thursday, 14 September

Kick-off: 1900 BST

Coverage on the BBC Sport website, BBC Radio Five Live

Tottenham pair Aaron Lennon (cartilage) and Dimitar Berbatov (groin) will undergo late fitness tests before deciding whether they can play.

Defender Ledley King (knee) has also been given a clean bill of health after making his comeback at the weekend.

The skipper made his first appearance of the season at Old Trafford.

Midfielders Danny Murphy and Hossam Ghaly are out of the game at the Evzena Rosickeho Stadium with calf and groin injuries respectively.

Come on, you Spurs!!!!!!

Great result for the boys. Clean sheet, an away goal, perfect start.

Did you see the game Chon? It wasn't on TV anywhere that I could find!

Go Lillies!

Yes I watched it last night, here in Blighted, very clean performance even without Lennon!

Great result for the boys. Clean sheet, an away goal, perfect start.

Did you see the game Chon? It wasn't on TV anywhere that I could find!

Go Lillies!

Yes I watched it last night, here in Blighted, very clean performance even without Lennon!

I didn't see it, as the pub had West Ham (that's not swearing to you Tottenham fans is it?) :o But well done anyways.

Good result in the week, hopefully will continue today against Foolham and we'll get our Premier campaign back on track.

Man Utd are almost out of sight already so they can beat up on The Arse no problem and if Chelski v The Scallies is a draw we'll be climbing the table quite nicely.

FACT: We will finish ABOVE The Arse this season!

0-0.

What the fruck was all THAT about? That was absolutely pathetic. Where's the passion, spirit and heart gone from last season?

We are missing Carrick more than I ever thought we would. We desperately need someone to put their foot on the ball and take control of a game. Zokora looks a good signing but Danny Murphy...... GOD NO! Lennon out is killing us as well. Getting rid of Routledge now looks a bad decision.

Jenas still has to convince me, Davids has past his sell by date. I reckon young Tommy Huddlestone should slot in, couldn't do any worse.

Give Keano a break as well now, trying to do too much all over the park. Daffy needs a run of 6-8 games to link up with Mido again from last year. Possibly put Keano left side for a bit as he likes to drift anyway. Got to be better than Tainio.

Ho-Hum. It's tough work being a Tottenham fan, but hey someone's gotta do it...!!!

Adn the less said about the jammy, lucky, twatty Arse the better!

Agreed , we should have turned 'em over.

But I thought thehighlights showed a decent match. Surely things must come together soon.... :o

Yes we should have stuffed them...... :D

But have to agree with Backpack, at times we did look woefully lacking in spirit and desire to win... :D

Archived