Bali

eezergood

Well there are a certain amount of gold reserves held that will never see the trading floor - i dare not say who holds & owns these

Allegedly!

Good luck Eezergood. I can understand your feelings towards Phuket, and Thailand in general, which has been changing for the worse continually for some time now. Not sure Bali will be much different (I'm visiting for the first time later this year) but it's a change.

"I can understand your feelings towards Phuket, and Thailand in general, which has been changing for the worse continually for some time now." - has it?

Or has it failed to move with the times?

Or has it failed to compete with it's neighbours?

Or have the scams and corruption finally repelled the tourist with money?

Maybe it's a combination of these.

For a geographic location that is so marketable, it's hard to believe Phuket is losing the western market so rapidly, and they seem oblivious to it, and the pending consequences.

Clearing the beaches of some illegal businesses doesn't go far enough to fixing up the issues here.

So much potential, in the hands of greedy and corrupt dinosaurs.

• Like 2

Carrefour at Sunset Road has the nicest (integrated) bakery of any Super- / Hyypermarket anywhere in Asia.

A French guy runs it and he does sensational apple pies, Merengues, pastries, breads.....

The prospect of going there again next month makes me already salivating ;-)

I always buy tons of bread there on the day of my flight back to BKK and then put it in the freezer here. That said, some bakeries of BigC-EXTRA in BKK are pretty good too.... but I still miss the times when there was a CARREFOUR in town.....

Carrefour at Sunset Road has the nicest (integrated) bakery of any Super- / Hyypermarket anywhere in Asia.

A French guy runs it and he does sensational apple pies, Merengues, pastries, breads.....

I always buy tons of bread there on the day of my flight back to BKK and then put it in the freezer here. That said, some bakeries of BigC-EXTRA in BKK are pretty good too.... but I still miss the times when there was a CARREFOUR in town.....

How nice for you.

But what is the connection with somebody moving from Phuket to Bali?

Childhood friend of my older brother has lived there for 20 years or so, also spent time in Phuket, albeit, in the 80's so anytime he sees my pictures of Phuket he's always like "bummer", "so over developed from when I was there" etc., etc., etc. ad nauseum.

About Bali he does complain of nightmare traffic and too many people. When he does his <deleted> moan about Phuket, I tell yea mon, I surfed Uluwatu in '92 with about ten guys in the water, how many in the lineup now? Parking lot there now, no more jungle ride on the motorcycle to get to the break. Both places have seen a ton of development in the last 30 years.

If the direction is employment opportunity related, go for it man. Phuket will always be here. Best of luck. GOM

Visit 2 year ago one month exchange rate was 12500 to 1€ very expensive for 3 people I need 5000€ in one month with flight maybe 6000 food very expensive one Greek salad 2 fruit shakes in ubud 27€

Dealers crazy never let you alone on every corner

Hold you in the arm when you not buy ignore them one time and more angry in the air!

Landscspe more beautiful in Bali then here!

Indonesian foot the most miserable quality I ever eat in my life only fast and a tea with chemical jam that was all small menû size always have to order 2 menû and all the time fat crackers swerved fruit double expensice . A hotel manager told me have hotel in Thailand and Indonesia , that the Indonesian standart is one of the lowest in the world comparing to quality and price , rats in your hotel room included free of charge also in the restaurants!

How nice for you.

I think he is trying to say the OP will be eating nicer bread in Bali, which should definately effect an individual's decision to move there. biggrin.png

Edited by NamKangMan

How nice for you.

It is the MAIN HYPERMARKET in Bali, making life in bali even more pleasant. So that's not enough of a connection ????

How nice for you.

It is the MAIN HYPERMARKET in Bali, making life in bali even more pleasant. So that's not enough of a connection ????

Yes, sorry, I overlooked you writing 'on my flight back to BKK'. No need to start shouting, but thanks for the explanation. Ever been to Vietnam and Laos BTW, good (French) bakeries there as well.