Marrying my Thai boyfriend, getting my Freedom to marry letter in South Africa

ElleyS

I am currently in South Africa. As far as I understand, I have to go my embassy in Bangkok to get my proof of Freedom to marry, get the Foreigner marrying Thai forms and fill them out, go back to my embassy the next day and hand everything in at the bassy, im not sure what exactly happens then, also read i have to go to foreign affairs in any privince to register the marriage?

I am flying to Thailand in 2 weeks, what I want to know is, can I get my proof of Freedom to marry as well as a police affidavit stating that I am in fact single in South Africa before I go instead of getting it in Thailand, send my Thai boyfriend to the SA embassy to pick up the forms we need to fill out and then use that to register my marriage? Or do I HAVE TO get the freedom to marry letter/certificate in Thailand?

I have a little baby so I am trying to not do trips to the embassy with him. We live in Muang Kanchanaburi, what exactly do I have to do? Every website says something else..

Thanks in advance.

Hmm Sorry , Please correct me if i'm wrong..You just said you wanted proof that you are single ?you have a little baby ?

P.S . In process of finding a thai girl friend , so subscribed - this thread will help me tongue.png

Edited by Galacon

Hmm Sorry , Please correct me if i'm wrong..You just said you wanted proof that you are single ?you have a little baby ?

P.S . In process of finding a thai girl friend , so subscribed - this thread will help me tongue.png

What's your point, so she has a little baby,probably her Thai boyfriends. If not,so what.

• Like 2

I believe that the Affirmation to Marry must be stamped by your Embassy in Thailand, the Thais do not accept ones from your home country, they believe these can be fake.

I thought that might be the case. I guess there's no easy way out here.

Suggest you email your embassy and ask what they want for you to make the affidavit. I should be pretty easy, probably just a one-day trip to Bangkok, in and back same day.

Mac

Address
South African Embassy in Bangkok, Thailand
12th A Floor, M Thai Tower, All Seasons Place
87 Wireless Road, Lumpini, Pathumwan
Bangkok
Thailand
Telephone (+66) 2 659 2900
Telefax (+66) 2 685 3500
Website www.dirco.gov.za/bangkok/
Office Hours Mon-Thu: 08.00-16.30
Fri: 07.30 - 13.30
Head of Mission Ms Robina P. Marks, Ambassador

Suggest you email your embassy and ask what they want for you to make the affidavit. I should be pretty easy, probably just a one-day trip to Bangkok, in and back same day.

Mac

Address

South African Embassy in Bangkok, Thailand

12th A Floor, M Thai Tower, All Seasons Place

87 Wireless Road, Lumpini, Pathumwan

Bangkok

Thailand

Telephone (+66) 2 659 2900

Telefax (+66) 2 685 3500

E-mail [email protected]

Website www.dirco.gov.za/bangkok/

Office Hours Mon-Thu: 08.00-16.30

Fri: 07.30 - 13.30

Head of Mission Ms Robina P. Marks, Ambassador

Thank you so much, I will definitely do that.

Ellie,

I married a South African in Las Vegas as nowhere else in the world the authorities were willing to recognize even one document without the SA high court validating them. Therefore, to be on the safe side get all what you need certified the way the Thai authorities want it. I am in Bangkok and I will ask my wife to speak in Afrikaans to the Embassy guys if you think we could help you.