Transport Co promises free, clean toilet rooms at all bus terminals

Thaivisa News

Transport Co promises free, clean toilet rooms at all bus terminals

Bangkok: - Transport Company board chairman Anusorn Saengnimnuan has promised to stop collecting fee for toilet usage at all bus terminals and to make the facilities clean.

The Transport Company is a state enterprise in charge of providing passenger bus services. Toilet rooms at bus terminals are notorious for their foul smell.

Anusorn said clean and free toilet room service will start at the Morchit Bus Terminal and will later be expanded to other terminals nationwide. The toilet rooms will be renovated to make them more hygienic.

“I think the people who use services at bus terminals do not have high income so I would like them to have access to clean toilets free of charge,” Anusorn said.

“We’ll start with the renovation of Morchit toilet facilities. Then, we will do it at the Suphan Buri and then Surat Thani bus terminals. The management must provide detailed plan how to renovate the toilet facilities to the board of directors within this year,” Anusorn added.

He said the renovation of toilet facilities would add more expense to the state firm but the Transport Company expects to have about Bt400 million to Bt500 million profit this year due to cheaper oil prices.

Anusorn said the Transport Company is now studying the new location for the northern and northeastern Morchit Bus Terminal. The board will consider the issue and reach a decision within this month.

The Morchit bus terminal may be separated into several locations. Some routes may remain at the current location and others may be moved to a plot near the Chatuchak BTS station and others to the north of Bangkok, Anusorn added.

Never had a problem at the Ekamai Station.

But try the JJ Market toilet next to the used books. I don't think they've been cleaned since they were built, and the woman that demands your money is a nasty you-know-what. I'd crap myself before I'd use that above ground septic tank.

On the other hand, there was a young mother who cleaned the bathrooms opposite the V.J. Supermarket on Koh Chang.

Absolutely spotless, scented with lime, and always a smile on her face. Even her kid smiled.

Moral of the story: You can pay staff to clean, but proprietors tend to take better care of things.

The management must provide detailed plan how to renovate the toilet facilities to the board of directors within this year,

'Within this year'. Not this week, or this month. So, high priority then.

When I was in China many years ago, there was a joke about the public tiolets, that went... How long does it take to go to the toilet (in China)? Answer: How long can you hold your breath.

• Like 1

Of course, this will happen ("Anusorn said clean and free toilet room service will start at the Morchit Bus Terminal and will later be expanded to other terminals nationwide") when both pigs fly and when a national level politician says "I made a mistake".......sometime around July 34th in the Chinese Year of the Yellow Snow.

Pinching people for 5 baht to piss in a filthy Thai-style toilet in a bus terminal is literally sleazy.

Even funnier, only Bangkok Bus Terminals are mentioned in the current, long-range, pie-in-the-sky, feel-good, we-care-about-the-poor, distracting-BS-to-take-our- minds-off-other-things non-news story.

bah.gif

PS: Since it's cash, no one can flush out the truth about where that income is going. It adds up to a lot of baht, nationwide, and a load of shit.

The whole thing pisses me off.

Fighting corruption....where? A few stray cases don't make a trend.

Edited by FangFerang

Believe this when I see it. The disgusting state of the toilets currently is a disgrace.

Oh, while the reno is in process, please install some hooks for hanging one's stuff on, and get rid of those towels for hand drying - a more effective way of spreading disease has yet to be invented.