Transfer money to SCB

Hello, I am an American in USA. Would like advice on the best way to transfer money to my SCB account.

I have some money in NZD in a bank account in USA. If I just ask for cash to take to Thailand they will convert to USD first, taking a skim off the top of course. My question is whether it is probably better to attempt to transfer NZD if possible, avoiding conversion to USD first. How do I make sure SCB doesn't do something weird like convert to dollars first, then to Thai baht (upon receipt of my NZD)? Does anyone know how this works?

Finally, if you think it will pretty much work out close to the same either way, let me know, as my preference would be to carry USD to Thailand on my person.

Thanks.

Sorry, but I have never heard of an foreign currency account at a US Bank but if it is wired to Thailand in NZD, SCB will convert it to Thai Baht upon arrival here in Thailand.

What type of currency wired in is dependent upon the originating bank, not the receiving bank in Thailand

• Like 1

Sorry, but I have never heard of an foreign currency account at a US Bank but if it is wired to Thailand in NZD, SCB will convert it to Thai Baht upon arrival here in Thailand.

What type of currency wired in is dependent upon the originating bank, not the receiving bank in Thailand

as lm sugests trans.nz.currency here that way you will get TT rate.dont let the us.bank convert it.