Mukdahan Accommodation.

Kyri

Hi,

I need to stay in Mukdahan for 3 nights can anybody suggest cheap , good and clean accommodation that is not too far from restaurants and shops.

I know that's asking a lot but worth a try.

Thanks in advance.

Stayed in the Ploy Palace with family one time maybe 4 years ago. Typical of the 'best hotel in a small Isaan town' variety. Big rooms, quite comfortable, very slightly faded, breakfast in a cavernous place too big for the custom, not much atmosphere, good value at around 1,000 baht: that sort of hotel (ie can't remember if every generic point applied to Mukdahan's example.

There will be cheaper and equally acceptable alternatives for the single traveller or family on a budget no doubt (I use all classes of hotel depending on mood/occasion).

Post your review when you've stayed somewhere Kyri. It would be useful to have a Mukdahan hotels thread in the archives.

The OP asked

I need to stay in Mukdahan for 3 nights can anybody suggest cheap , good and clean accommodation that is not too far from restaurants and shops. I know that's asking a lot but worth a try.Thanks in advance.

Cheap, clean, good accommodation and not too far from restaurants and shops.

I regularly work in Mukdahan province and over the years i have tried out many different hotels.

1 Riverfront. This where I currently stay these days. Right on the river next to the Indochin market. Clean and basic. 800 baht/night with breakfast. Buffet breakfast is on the top floor overlooking the Mekong river. Breakfast is nothing flash but ok at the price. One can walk to restaurants along the river.

2 Kieng Piman. I used to stay there a lot but changed to the Riverfront. Very quiet and clean. 800 baht/night with breakfast that one orders the night before. A bit further away from the river and no restaurants within walking distance

3 River city. It used to be my regular hotel but after building the 16 floor tower block the service has gone to the pack. It has a revolving restaurant on the top floor which offers one great views of the city, river and into Laos. Price about 1200 baht/night in the new block and I think 700-800 baht/night in the old block.

4 Ploy palace has been mentioned. More expensive than the others.

5 Mukdahan Grand hotel Large rooms slack service.

6 Sub Muk hotels. I think that there are 2-3 Sub Muk hotels in Mukdahan. Basic rooms about 400 baht/night. No breakfast. Can very noisey with crowds of people coming in late and moving furniture around in the rooms.

7 Hop Inn. These hotels in many provinces belong to the Erawan Group. Very modern, clean and smart. Price about 560 baht/night. No breakfast. However, there are plenty of breakfast restaurants in Mukdahan offering fresh bread rolls, eggs and coffee.

These are the only hotels I have stayed in in Mukdahan. I notice that there are many new ones along the river but I have no experience of these.

• Like 1

Agree with Michael, Riverfront is very good, excellent compared to most hotels in big Isaan towns. Nice location along the river, nice views and better air quality. Clean, new and friendly, intelligent and prompt staff on hand.

One tip is that there is another hotel called something similar. Twice I've had tuk tuks from the bus station try to ram it down my throat. I think it is called River View and it has no river view as it is away from the Mekong. Looks big, shabby and overpriced, the kind of place that is used for local conferences that you see in many upcountry Thai towns. Just insist on being taken to a hotel near the market if they pretend not to know River Front and you'll get where you wan to go.