Work Permit/visa Query

I have a British passport. I am 38. I have lived and worked in Thailand for 8 years and have a tax/work permit record.

I currently have a work permit (issued in Nakorn Nayok) and a Non Imm B visa. Both will expire on June 4th 2004. I have resigned from my teaching job, last day of employment will be 30th April and the company will cancel my work permit week beginning 3rd May.

I will then be employed as a company director in my own Kanchanaburi based company. The company has been formed, tax and VAT procedures completed. I am aware of the regulations re Thai staff to work permit ratio etc.

I go to Britain on 27th April for 7-10 days. this seems to be the ideal opportunity to replace a Non Imm B visa. I have not yet fully researched documents needed to successfully do this and would welcome any advice.

I have been advised that it is possible to add a second job (the one in my company) to the teaching work permit I already have, and when I leave the teaching job the work permit will remain vaild for my new job.

What do you think?

My gut reaction is that it wil be really complicated as the jobs are in different provinces and in different employment sectors.

Do you think it's more trouble than it's worth and I should start a new visa/work permit process or is it a viable option?

If it is a viable option, how do I get this process underway?

Cheers

I currently have a work permit (issued in Nakorn Nayok) and a Non Imm B visa. Both will expire on June 4th 2004. I have resigned from my teaching job, last day of employment will be 30th April and the company will cancel my work permit week beginning 3rd May.
you will need a new visa and work permit for your new company.
I have been advised that it is possible to add a second job (the one in my company) to the teaching work permit I already have, and when I leave the teaching job the work permit will remain vaild for my new job.

not possible

Thanks for your replies. Sorry for the long silence - I've been in Kanchanaburi trying to keep an eye on the builders. I was so happy to hear the bath had finally been installed in the right room but then greatly disapointed when I saw it set so high up you need a step ladder to get in it... Anyway on to visa queries

I will apply for a non imm B in Britain.

As Managing Director of the company can I sign my own letter of employment?

Do I need any other documents?

Is a 3 month visa enough? I will extend it in Thailand when I apply for the work permit.

If I use company documents & bank account to get a visa - is there a minimum amount that should be in the account?

Thanks again

Thanks for your replies. Sorry for the long silence - I've been in Kanchanaburi trying to keep an eye on the builders. I was so happy to hear the bath had finally been installed in the right room but then greatly disapointed when I saw it set so high up you need a step ladder to get in it... Anyway on to visa queries

Is a 3 month visa enough? I will extend it in Thailand when I apply for the work permit.

If I use company documents & bank account to get a visa - is there a minimum amount that should be in the account?

Thanks again

Your own signature is fine. Will the WP come throgh within that 90 days ? That worries me. Apply at a Consulate in the UK not the Thai Embassy London.

Is a 3 month visa enough?  I will extend it in Thailand when I apply for the work permit.

Thanks again

Your own signature is fine. Will the WP come throgh within that 90 days ? That worries me. Apply at a Consulate in the UK not the Thai Embassy London.

Go for a multi to be certain.

Re:

[not possible]

This is wrong advice. It is possible to have an extra employment/occupation added to an existing work permit. When one ceases the other continues. Both could be renewed with the necessary evidence for each, or only one may be renewed. I have a work permit as a freelance journalist also as a lecturer at a University. When the first expired I did not renew it but the second continues and has been renewed.

Not sure how this helps you in your particular case, but it is possible if it helps.

Interesting questions and answers....yet, factor into all of this ... what is the ability of your immigration and work permit officials.. do they even understand the procedures..and are they consistent in the applications..(One says, this, does the other) Good luck high speed low drag