Gym near Loikroh Rd

Becker

I will be staying for a few days in a hotel on Loikroh (SP?) Rd and since my hotel does not have a gym I would like to know if there are any gyms in the area?

I did do a forum search and found the name of Powerhouse but it seems a bit far from where I will be staying?

Edited by Becker

From Wikivoyage: Central Duantawan Hotel 132 Loi Kroh Rd, +66 53-905000, Excellent luxury hotel with cheap(er) Internet rates. Popular with tour groups and conventioneers. The Internet here is slow and not included in the room rate. Probably a little cheaper than similar hotels as it's near the beer bar district, but the area is quite safe and the hotel is high quality. For those not staying at the hotel, for 300 baht per day, you can use the excellent gym on the fourth floor (includes a gender-segregated Jacuzzi, steam room, and sauna, as well as a large L-shaped swimming pool that looks out on downtown Chiang Mai).

As Seligne posted above, The Duangtawan on Loi Kroh is the place to go for a western style fitness gym. It's located on the 4th floor of the hotel. I used it last week while visiting Chiang Mai, and the fee is an unfortunate B500, but well worth it if the option is not working out at all. Included with the access to the fitness center (occupied by western travelers, mostly) is the nice pool and sundeck area. I believe the hotel offers a rate for a week, and month, that is then on an amortized daily basis quite reasonable

Last night I noticed that a new gym is being completed just south of the intersection of the moat and Loi Kroh. It is in the DK Book Centre Shopping Center (Duangkamol), 79/1 Kotchasan Rd (Just past the turn to Loi Kroh Rd in a shopping centre on the left). It looks like it may be open for business in the next couple of weeks.