Two arrested with Bt18 million worth of pirated goods

Lite Beer

you shouldn't call it "pirated". I pirates are some murders, robbers and rapers. Here we talk of TShirts that looks the same as some massive overpriced brand product. Sometimes the "pirated" one are even from the same factory and equal in quality, just the license fee isn't paid.

Usually these products are bought by poor people who would never have the money to buy an Original. The girl from the 7/11 would never buy the original 1000 Euro handbag. So the damage to the share-owner isn't as big as it might seem.

And sure no Pirates somewhere.

I agree, these Gucci bags and Super Dry shirts are made in a factory in TLoS or a satelite country , then get exported to the states or Europe and there the locals can afford the stupid high prices ,buy here or overseas , same factory. Ah but fake Rollexes . The first time 10 years ago on going back to the UK I went to get a Rollex watch strap , the geezer in the shop said my Rollex was a fake, What ! says I ....F...... me I said I paid a tenner for that in Thailand and I got ripped off. Bloke in strap shop looked confused.

• Like 1

"China-made pirated goods"

The arrest just means the Chinese will have to raise the interest rate on their loans to Thailand for the dual rail system. The Thai government would do better to just get a cut of the sales revenues as a "tax" so that unskilled Thais can be gainfully employed.

It is both funny and sad that anytime the police do the right thing they are dismissed as being of no worth yet so many feel free to be critical of the police as being totally corrupt and useless. Maybe its time to start supporting the positives as well as highlighting the (many) negatives.

Instead of arresting these pawns they could have launched an investigation, followed them to their ultimate destination and dismantled this organised crime operation all the way to the top, but they decided to arrest two truck drivers instead.

Why is that ? I have a very good idea but I'll keep it to myself for now.

These 2 stumblebums ran into a check point and didn't have enough cash to give the local Mr. Plod.

Aranyaprathet....is with out doubt the best market town in Thailand IMO.--(price wise, it leaves Chatuchak or anywhere else in BKK for dead) & its a charming little town to spend a day or 2 in. I Always try to visit there at least once a year on my way south, prices are at least 75% less than Pattaya....& the stall owners (I think) are just nice polite people........... The Cambo begging / pickpocketing kids do drive you nuts though .

Edited by sanuk711
  • Like 1