Per second call rates now in use for AIS and True Move calls

webfact

Per second call rates now in use for AIS and True Move calls

17-2-2558-11-07-02-wpcf_728x409.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Advanced Info Service (AIS) and True Move yesterday kicked off their per second call charge on their customers as mandated by the National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission (NBTC).

NBTC secretary-general Takorn Tantasith said two private mobile phone operators, AIS and True Move, started to charge phone users on a per second basis or actual time used, replacing the per minute basis on Monday.

He said customers of the two operators can check their minute usage and call rate by calling their operators call centres or check with the their respective websites.

For the remaining operators which include DTAC, TOT and CAT, they have until March 1 to adopt the per second call rate or else will face legal actions, he said.

The per second call rate will be fairer for users though it will mean dropping revenues for operators, according to NBTC.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/per-second-call-rates-now-use-ais-true-move-calls

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-02-17

world average voice-call duration is within 2 minutes. majority of operators already billing per second ( or batch of 3 sec or batch of 6 sec ), except those in monopoly telecom markets.

BUT, are we still BOTH calling party and receiving party paying the airtime in Thailand ? ? ?

Would be very helpfull to know wether they charge per second from the 1st second or after the 1st 30 secs or 60 secs or 90secs or 120 secs.

OP says per actual time used.

yes anybody checked this information by making a 5 sec call?

Are you in Thailand? Why don't you try?

I'm not there at the moment so can't check, but I wonder if this new rule applies to post and pre paid customers. I'm a pre-paid and this per minute charge never bothered me as I don't use my phone much for the regular voice calls.

Would be very helpfull to know wether they charge per second from the 1st second or after the 1st 30 secs or 60 secs or 90secs or 120 secs.

Yes.

All bla bla.

At least for my AIS 1-2-call prepaid.

Credit before call: 220.03.

5 sec call to wife.

Credit after call: 217.89

Thats the same old BS. 2 Baht for first minute plus TAX, 2.14 Baht for the test.

Where can I send the bill biggrin.png

Another quality report from the quality Thai media bah.gif

Bet you have to "do something" to enjoy the new tariff?

Edited by KhunBENQ

Yes.

All bla bla.

At least for my AIS 1-2-call prepaid.

Credit before call: 220.03.

5 sec call to wife.

Credit after call: 217.89

Thats the same old BS. 2 Baht for first minute plus TAX, 2.14 Baht for the test.

Where can I send the bill biggrin.png

Another quality report from the quality Thai media bah.gif

Bet you have to "do something" to enjoy the new tariff?

This is why I asked this stupid question, the moderator without any connection to his customers (TV readers?????) made me. Such blunt advertisment needs a liitle stir. So thanx for your answer this is exactly what I thought as one cou8ld have expected by my way of contributing. And to another reply: of course I am in TH and of course I not need to try myself: I make others!

wow they have been ripping us off for years!!!

i always wondered why i was chewing thru credit quickly, most of my calls are 30-35 sec or around 1min.10sec

so before if your call went 1.1 you were siphoned for 2

telcos i hate them

Could have sworn it was per 6 or 10 seconds after the first minute. Just checked myDTAC account and all calls are in minutes only. When did they change that?

Not much effect to me though as post paid Jan was 100.8 baht and Dec only 7.2 baht.