Ayutthaya tuktuk drivers prey on farang tourists

Thaivisa News

Deputy Ayutthaya traffic police chief Pol Lt Col Chanin Winin said he would consult other government agencies concerned how to deal with the issue.

Which other government agency you wanna consult? The Agency for Thainess? The Agency for I Don't Know What To Do? The Agency for Judicious Application of a Digit to a Nasal Cavity? The Agency for Scratch my Butt?

No, none of the above. The Agency of How Can I Get In On This!

• Like 1

Deputy Ayutthaya traffic police chief Pol Lt Col Chanin Winin said he would consult other government agencies concerned how to deal with the issue.

Well, lets see. Start with a 5,000 baht fine, then confiscate the tuktuk for 30 days. I think that might help solve the problem. coffee1.gif

Is the other way round. Police will ask local Transport Department to legalize 200 baht tuktuk fare. Thus, police getting 20 baht from tuktuk and, later, 20 baht from van drivers.

Ayutthaya tuktuk drivers ordered to stop hounding tourists

AYUTTHAYA: -- Following complaints by foreign tourists, the Ayutthaya police chief Monday instructed tuktuk drivers not to surround the tourists to force them to use their ride.

The drivers were also instructed to not to pay a bribe to van passenger drivers to abandon the tourists at the tuktuk stand to force them to use the tuktuk ride.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Ayutthaya-tuktuk-drivers-ordered-to-stop-hounding--30254680.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-02-23

Ayutthaya tuktuk drivers ordered to stop hounding tourists

AYUTTHAYA: -- Following complaints by foreign tourists, the Ayutthaya police chief Monday instructed tuktuk drivers not to surround the tourists to force them to use their ride.

The drivers were also instructed to not to pay a bribe to van passenger drivers to abandon the tourists at the tuktuk stand to force them to use the tuktuk ride.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Ayutthaya-tuktuk-drivers-ordered-to-stop-hounding--30254680.html

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2015-02-23

they should be dropped at the right place, all talk by police as expected,

ummm thanks for posting it as it never happened to me

it does not say but could you stay on the minibus and get off at the correct stop ?

or do they throw everyone off ?

They say that this is the end of the line, and by that time there are no Thais on-board anyway to help steer you clear. Yes, I speak Thai, but I didn't know the correct embarkation point. Now I do. On the other hand, I got to see parts of Ayutthaya I'd never seen before--WALKING (I think it's more than a simple block to the correct stop, helps if you have a map). Take the Mor Chit bus...