Meal of puffer fish kills 2 men

webfact

Meal of puffer fish kills 2 men in 60s
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Chanrit Boonsorn, 60, was pronounced dead at the local hospital yesterday. His 64-year-old neighbour in tambon Hua Reu, Boonma Jumket, also died on Saturday after eating soup made from puffer fish he caught in Lam Nam Siew.

The meal was so toxic that when the remaining soup was poured out to feed chickens, 11 of them died. Authorities have urged Hua Reu people to avoid puffer fish because of its deadly toxin, which cannot be destroyed by heat of 170 degrees Celsius.

Seventh Health Service Area official Dr Itthipol Sungkhaeng said the two men had consumed a lot of puffer fish along with some alcoholic drinks, helping the toxin to spread faster through their bodies and lead to their deaths.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Meal-of-puffer-fish-kills-2-men-in-60s-30254716.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-02-24

Note to self: remember 3rd grade science. Do not eat puffer fish.blink.png RIP to the chickens and everyone else.coffee1.gif

3rd grade science for us. I wonder if it is even taught here at all?

RIP

Er indoors says "Everybody know about that fish". I guess those 2 played truant on the day they were to be told. Mark this one to Darwin.

• Like 2

Note to self: remember 3rd grade science. Do not eat puffer fish.blink.png RIP to the chickens and everyone else.coffee1.gif

RIP

Er indoors says "Everybody know about that fish". I guess those 2 played truant on the day they were to be told. Mark this one to Darwin.

Darwin was too late. Probably left behind 2 generations.

• Like 1

wasnt the puffer fish that killed them. these are brackish water fish, you seen what should be brackish water in thailand?

edit : Erh how could i forget. RIP to the chickens, wonder if they were then sold at the fresh market

There are around 120 species of Puffer Fish,occurring in Freshwater,Brackish and Marine

waters,I have even caught a species up here in Chiang Mai a long way from the sea.

A few years ago some factories in Bangkok area where busted for processing Puffer fish

and selling it as chicken breast,which actually was difficult to tell apart.

The most toxic parts are the organs.

regards Worgeordie

• Like 1

wasnt the puffer fish that killed them. these are brackish water fish, you seen what should be brackish water in thailand?

edit : Erh how could i forget. RIP to the chickens, wonder if they were then sold at the fresh market

So what killed them then? If you think it wasn't the puffer fish then why would you be concerned about whether the chickens were sold at the market?

Hey Somchai want some plaa? little misses make killer plaa, she said tonight's plaa is to die for. And who in the hell feeds chicken fish after it killed several people?

"And who in the hell feeds chicken fish after it killed several people?"

Certainly not the those involved in this incident, they succumbed later

RIP

A lot of loso Thai men leave school at a early age because school is not cool. Thus they don't make it to science classes.

Hint to government: make it illegal for kids to skip school at a young age. Then you will get a better educated workforce.

Note to self: procure puffer fish and cook a delicious meal for my mother-in-law the local mafia dudes where i live.

Another thing is: they knew the puffer fish is poisonous. Everyone knows that.

They just thought that it had been prepared in such a way that it was safe.

Edited by Water Buffalo