More houses to be taxed under revised amendment

webfact

And I am losing faith in the ethics of many of the farangs who have made Thailand their home.

Everything here is cheaper than it is in any western country yet people complain the minute there is any sort of price rise or tax increase.

My new home in Saraphee cost a fraction of what it would have cost to build in Australia, as did the land. The annual council rates are so low in Thailand it is a pleasure to pay them. My pickup in Australia costs 11 times as much to register each year compared to the one I own in Thailand.

I don't care who is in power, but taxes have to be paid to keep the country running.

• Like 1

And I am losing faith in the ethics of many of the farangs who have made Thailand their home.

Everything here is cheaper than it is in any western country yet people complain the minute there is any sort of price rise or tax increase.

My new home in Saraphee cost a fraction of what it would have cost to build in Australia, as did the land. The annual council rates are so low in Thailand it is a pleasure to pay them. My pickup in Australia costs 11 times as much to register each year compared to the one I own in Thailand.

I don't care who is in power, but taxes have to be paid to keep the country running.

What was is now not. Many farangs have less purchasing power with their fixed retirement fund from exchange rates and inflation, thus the bickering.

Here comes another scam in the making for a new cabinet posting. Some one has to collect the money, down the road we will be reading how some Minister, or some other Department head being picked up for embezzlement of tax money. The money pot is getting bigger, and the rib-offs are in the staging process right now. How many palms are getting itchy already?

Its hard to count heads behind closed doors!

The Thailand Village Fund was a project that Thaksin introduced about 10 years ago wasn't it?

But Mr. Happy wants to rid Thailand of the Thaksin clan and its policies I thought. Just not the popular ones eh?