what is it about pattaya and jumpers

davetrout

Most balcony barriers, railings or wall, are quite low for average sized Westerners so probably some of the "jumpers" just had an accident, especially if they were drunk.

That may be true for some Thai buildings or guesthouses,

but rules about railing height in condos is the same as in Europe or UK :

the required height is 1.1m from datum to the top of handrail

My condo is 20 years old already and yes railing are at a bit more than 1.10m (about 43.3").

High recent condos tends to have railings higher than required.

Depression; desperation; betrayal; being swindled; ill health; murder.

The many reasons and more why i think it is wise to have an 'escape' plan.

The preferred method of choice of doctors is a huge quantity of Seconal or related drug after taking something to prevent vomiting.

As gruesome as this sounds: what would be the best, non messy way to go, in thailand?

These kind of drugs can be obtained how?

I think 'sleeping pills' are NOT fatal and can do lots of damage.

Then there is the question of karma or what happens IF you kill yourself.

Few or none really know but that is what scares me more than death, paying in the hereafter if there is such a thing.

Though if i was suffering greatly, i am pretty sure i wouldn't care.

Best ? Dunno - some claim that handfuls of benzos, barbs and opiods which have killed others have done little more than leave them with a massive hangover and temporary amnesia. I only know of one method I consider foolproof when you are talking 'non messy'.

Bottle of Mekong and a bathtub. All you need is the motivation to fill the tub, get in and take the top off a bottle. Till then, let's seize the day, eh wot ? I'm off to scout out some bacon and eggs - yummo ! :D

• Like 1

You have to consider the average age of expats in Pattaya, that most are single, as well as absolute numbers of those and access to high-rise buildings when comparing to other places in Thailand and maybe even when comparing to other places around the globe. Then there is the reporting which seldom occurs in quite the same way as it does in Pattaya where this is "news".

The preferred method of choice of doctors is a huge quantity of Seconal or related drug after taking something to prevent vomiting.

As gruesome as this sounds: what would be the best, non messy way to go, in thailand?

Then there is the question of karma or what happens IF you kill yourself.

Few or none really know but that is what scares me more than death, paying in the hereafter if there is such a thing.

Though if i was suffering greatly, i am pretty sure i wouldn't care.

Best ? Dunno - some claim that handfuls of benzos, barbs and opiods which have killed others have done little more than leave them with a massive hangover and temporary amnesia. I only know of one method I consider foolproof when you are talking 'non messy'.

Bottle of Mekong and a bathtub. All you need is the motivation to fill the tub, get in and take the top off a bottle. Till then, let's seize the day, eh wot ? I'm off to scout out some bacon and eggs - yummo ! biggrin.png

joking on all accounts????

They are indeed very fatal (and not messy at all) if you take enough of them after drinking a few glasses of strong alcohol first. You can easily get them (benzodiazepenes) at very cheap prices online (Indian pharmacies selling generic drugs made in India). Good luck!

If you can support your claim, i would believe but my research lead me to the conclusion these pills are NOT fatal.

Perhaps with alcohol but we are talking life and death so no chances worth taking.

PLEASE someone tell me how to obtain 40 or more Seconals in Thailand, THAT would be fatal AND peaceful.

And again only as a backup exit plan if things got extremely desperate.

Edited by infinity11

Pattaya and jumpers..........well.........Pattaya is well known for its spectacular view and since the one and only viewpoint is blocked by a new high-rise people have to find another "view-point"

Once up on the roof the view is so desillusional that there is just one thing left to do...........rolleyes.gif

Yup - the number of jumpers in Pattaya seems disproportionate to the way those same individuals would've killed themselves in their home countries. No doubt some jumpers are given a helping hand - after all, you could beat the cr@p out of someone then throw them off the balcony and all injuries would most likely be attributed to the fall.

This guy apparently jumped an hour after he died...

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/13824-american-resident-dies-suicide-suspected/

Here's a very interesting article, not only about guns but also about suicide:

http://www.cracked.com/article_20396_5-mind-blowing-facts-nobody-told-you-about-guns.html

I think it is staggering that in the US two-thirds of all deaths by gunshot are self-inflicted...

• Like 1

Pattaya and jumpers..........well.........Pattaya is well known for its spectacular view and since the one and only viewpoint is blocked by a new high-rise people have to find another "view-point"

Once up on the roof the view is so desillusional that there is just one thing left to do...........rolleyes.gif

I have no idea what 'desillusional' means, but I assume its a mangled version of 'delusional' and/or 'disappointing'. The view of Pattaya Bay from many vantage points - including the Hilton - is absolutely spectacular and something of a shock when you consider what it can seem like at street level. All the usual hoopla about polluted water etc disappears when you drink in a view like this.

hilton-outdoor.jpg

I have no idea what 'desillusional' means, but I assume its a mangled version of 'delusional' and/or 'disappointing'. The view of Pattaya Bay from many vantage points - including the Hilton - is absolutely spectacular and something of a shock when you consider what it can seem like at street level. All the usual hoopla about polluted water etc disappears when you drink in a view like this.

hilton-outdoor.jpg

i was thinking of lashing out and staying there one or 2 nights. looking at this photo l will for sure.