How to find out what this start up program refers to?

topt

I have been seeing this request pop up for more than several months now and have no idea what it is referring to - IE a valid programme I need (does not seem to cause any issues when I say no) or something I need to get rid of. The problem is I cannot find out where it is located and it is starting to bug me.

Pop ups seem random, sometimes only one and sometimes two or three per session.

Can anyone give me some ideas of where I could go in Win 7 32 bit to search for it? I tried msconfig.exe but guess it would only show if actually running?

post-108341-0-12561600-1425108925_thumb.

The other thing is the number frequently changes but always begins with 14xxx

This is WinPatrol. If you don't know what it is then you are lucky. This is part of my core program set for any computer. This warning looks like an update is going to happen on restart. Have you just updated some software?

draftvader yes I know WinPatrol is flagging the potential start up (that is why I have it smile.png )- normally it comes up with the program name or company but in this case it is just a number - or are you saying this number belongs to WinPatrol?

As mentioned this has been popping up for some months - my thought is it may be something to do with a VPN as I have been trying a few different ones over the last couple of months. I also do not understand why the number changes and can be different.

1424338297 is the 71,140,464th PRIME NUMBER -- so it's likely being used because it's a prime number.

You would need to look at the registry entries at the exact moment the message pops up to see an entry and its file location.

Have you run through a 'hijackthis' to see if you have any extra or altered .ddl files, or files being executed out of the hidden appdata file area?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Time to run your AV then Malwarebytes and/or Spybot S&D.

Done this several times. Not seen anything that I recognised as maybe causing this - and no real issues otherwise thanks.

Thanks but tried this a while back after someone (maybe you?) recommended it in another thread. Could not see anything that matched the numbers or was a name I did not recognise.

just as a quick test of Chicog's telepathy (your powers are weak old man). I ran the SysInternals AutoRuns app, and found...

"Adobe Speed Launcher" using a prime number as a file reference. No other info as the software had been previously deleted.

Please note, this should be taken with a grain of salt as I don't trust Chicog's telepathic abilities.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

just as a quick test of Chicog's telepathy (your powers are weak old man). I ran the SysInternals AutoRuns app, and found...

"Adobe Speed Launcher" using a prime number as a file reference. No other info as the software had been previously deleted.

Please note, this should be taken with a grain of salt as I don't trust Chicog's telepathic abilities.

He could of course drop into the Boot menu with F8 and enable Boot logging (depending on version, which he still hasn't told us).

0*V0CnDITLZicqlv__.jpeg

I think ESP may be alive and well.......thumbsup.gif

Have been playing around with settings and CC Cleaner. Still cannot see that number and no reference to Adobe Speed Launcher in the Everything tab in Autoruns but the pop ups seem to have ceased - temperarily at least. I am now getting a request to allow Adobe Flash when I open this site which I never used to see before and having to multi click it. So probably need to uninstall and reinstall it.

Chicog sorry but not sure what you mean by "version"?