Thailand Happiest Economy in the World !

smile.png

The 15 Happiest Economies in the World

Thailand and Switzerland are expected to enjoy unusually low unemployment and inflation this year
'In what may come as a surprise, the least-miserable country in our analysis is the not-so-wealthy Thailand. That's partly thanks to an unusually low unemployment rate, currently tracking below 1 percent, that has so far failed tospur inflation. To be sure, the Land of Smiles, currently under martial law after a military coup last year, has a long way to go before it comes close to the living standards of developed economies. '
Edited by churchill

What was a financial breakdown a few days ago ,Thailand is 17.8 billion US$ adrift this quarter to year ago,jobs going to Indonesia at a rate of knots,and EU preferential rates for Thai goods ending,and tourism is getting a hammering,suppose makes them happy

I saw the article. My only takeaway was alleged 1% unemployment. This is obviously bcz everyone is relatively poor, no savings, no options.

Entire army of underemployed. People with degrees doing work of hs grads - sound familiar?

To the stacking amo comment: bcz they can't. The mai pen rai attitude extends to - f it, don't worry what I cant change. Also, they know and accept sadly their lot and place in.society. The nation keeps vigilant watch for 'troublemakers' even in more open times.

Edited by Mencken
  • Like 1

I saw the article. My only takeaway was alleged 1% unemployment. This is obviously bcz everyone is relatively poor, no savings, no options.

Entire army of underemployed. People with degrees doing work of hs grads - sound familiar?

To the stacking amo comment: bcz they can't. The mai pen rai attitude extends to - f it, don't worry what I cant change. Also, they know and accept sadly their lot and place in.society. The nation keeps vigilant watch for 'troublemakers' even in more open times.

Agree. They must be bloody stupid or yes oppressed to a degree that borders on communism. it does make things tough though for farang watching it all and the exchange rate !!!