Moving to Pattaya / Jomtien or Hua Hin?

dagling

A couple years ago I moved from BKK to HH. Took a years' lease on a condo (about 2 km from HH central area). I was bored out of my mind after the first month. (Mind you I had never before lived in a 'small' city.) It was not only boring but vastly overpriced for restaurants and transportation.

A couple years ago I moved from BKK to HH. Took a years' lease on a condo (about 2 km from HH central area). I was bored out of my mind after the first month. (Mind you I had never before lived in a 'small' city.) It was not only boring but vastly overpriced for restaurants and transportation.

Some properties in HH are overpriced. A few restaurants are pricey, too.

But HH is far from boring.

Cha Am is boring. But that's a whole different subject.

Take a look at Cha Am...very quiet and relaxed.

nope already closed due over population...

Noisy I recall. There were loudspeakers on the beach blasting music and the Thai people blasting their sound systems from their cars.

It was chaos when I expect a beach to be relaxing.

Take a look at Cha Am...very quiet and relaxed.

nope already closed due over population...

Noisy I recall. There were loudspeakers on the beach blasting music and the Thai people blasting their sound systems from their cars.

It was chaos when I expect a beach to be relaxing.

Just need to know the right beach....but what I am saying you're right it is like you said every day and night....

If you come to Pattaya live on the dark side. As to condo prices dropping like a rock,as someone said please pm the wife with details of them as she is an agent and would love to list them,and perhaps we could buy a few at these rock bottom prices,I take it they are in prime positions

I saw one on Tuesday in Pratumnak. Was listed at 18MM for the past 3-4 years, now at 12MM. Stunning 180 degree view of the ocean with Koh Larn in the background, top floor penthouse, huge balcony, large jacuzzi, fitted out with top of the line fixtures. Nothing can be built in front to block the view. If I had the money, I'd buy it! LOL

I can't imagine. I could buy a heckuva place with ocean front in Maui, Hawaii for that. Or 1/2 that. A house. On the beach. Including the land.

http://www.mauirealestate.com/property/364069/2414-Kamehameha-V-Hwy-Molokai

Edited by NeverSure

If you come to Pattaya live on the dark side.

Why the dark side? I live on the Pattaya proper side in a small soi 10 minutes walk from friendship supermarket. All I can hear right now is birds twittering in the trees. My motorcycle takes me anywhere I need to go in 15 minutes max. Friends who live on dark side take 30 or 40 minutes to get here when they want a beer. Me on the dark side, never. Look around on the light side there's plenty of nice places to be found off the beaten track. And they are all more conveniently situated for shopping, restaurants, entertainment, transport than anywhere on the dark side.

Why the dark side? I live on the Pattaya proper side in a small soi 10 minutes walk from friendship supermarket. All I can hear right now is birds twittering in the trees. My motorcycle takes me anywhere I need to go in 15 minutes max. Friends who live on dark side take 30 or 40 minutes to get here when they want a beer. Me on the dark side, never. Look around on the light side there's plenty of nice places to be found off the beaten track. And they are all more conveniently situated for shopping, restaurants, entertainment, transport than anywhere on the dark side.
. Plus the cost of Taxi's and damn Sukumvit, I mean it's probably OK if you like Quiet And have a lot of friends around...

If you come to Pattaya live on the dark side. As to condo prices dropping like a rock,as someone said please pm the wife with details of them as she is an agent and would love to list them,and perhaps we could buy a few at these rock bottom prices,I take it they are in prime positions

I saw one on Tuesday in Pratumnak. Was listed at 18MM for the past 3-4 years, now at 12MM. Stunning 180 degree view of the ocean with Koh Larn in the background, top floor penthouse, huge balcony, large jacuzzi, fitted out with top of the line fixtures. Nothing can be built in front to block the view. If I had the money, I'd buy it! LOL

I can't imagine. I could buy a heckuva place with ocean front in Maui, Hawaii for that. Or 1/2 that. A house. On the beach. Including the land.

Hard to tell the value of that place until we know the square meter area.

12 or 18 million could be a screaming deal on a large penthouse.

• Like 1

That place is stunning! But over 3x the price of the place I saw. Hawaii is super expensive to live there. I should know, I was born there! LOL

But I have to agree, what they get for properties here is a bit ridiculous. Considering the quality of the build and the surround infrastructure. sad.png

• Like 1

. Plus the cost of Taxi's and damn Sukumvit, I mean it's probably OK if you like Quiet And have a lot of friends around...

Quiet and friends....have plenty of both in Pattaya proper.

Ummmm....I must have missed something...

The Place you link in Hawaii is $1,000,000 or 32,000,000 Baht (almost 3x as much)....not to mention property taxes in Maui for that property will be $6,000/year vs Thailand ...NO TAX

Nice property though...

I just had to make a similar decision. I live in Bangkok and was looking for a vacation home nearer to the sea. Hua Hin or Pattaya?

I finally bought a house in the Pattaya Jomtien area because it was closer to home and easier accessible by car than Hua Hin.

Now I don't like Pattaya itself but just 15 min outside up the hills overlooking Jomtien I found a great place. Always a breeze, quiet, great view down to Jomtien and the ocean. I am still discovering the area and restaurants, but so far I found some really nice places. Nothing like Bangkok, granted, diversity and so, but pretty decent.

yes, I agree.. I spent 7 months on darkside, and I would not live there again... traffic so bad on soi nern plub wan... I think even worse than brightside.

Can not walk anywhere & lack of motorbike taxis down the dark sois - so most people drink driving all over the place.

I love being able to walk to the beach and bars now and its 3550b cheaper a month than my darkside place and much much nicer.

Edited by nickmanchester2
  • Like 1