visa for uk

i have a uk passport

my wife and kids have thai passports

we have all been all resident in eu for a few years

we want to visit uk for a holiday and to see my brother and his family who live there

does anyone know what kind of visa my wife and kids need?

i've looked at all the info on the uk website but it doesn't make it clear

cheers

If your children are british then they will not be able to get a visa..it's not legal they would have to get a certificate of entitlement the right to abode(I know I thought the same......)in their thai passport and this would give them the ability to come and go to and from the uk as often as they like for the duration of that passport.

you wife and kids must apply for a visitors visa from the British Consulate in Spain. If you were in Germany or Estonia all your wife would need would be her Residence Permit, proving that she is married to an EU National.

first of all, thank you for taking the trouble to reply

maybe i wasn't totally clear

i am british

i had been resident in spain already for many years when

i met my wife in thailand on holiday (some 5 years ago)

her husband had died previously

we got married and all went to live in spain (after lots of paperwork)

therefore my wife and kids are 100% thai

they have the right of abode in spain due to the shengen agreement , as i am an eu citizen

i recently adopted the children whose ages are 12 and 14

we want to go for a holiday and visit my brother's family who are all uk citizens

still need visas, and like I said if you lived in Germany or Estonia then they would not require visas, as only these two countries have Residence Permit cards that are security cleared by the British Government.

So visa time I am afraid to say, although some people might say just fly and take your marriage certificate with you and you will be okay, but do you want to chance it.

Please remember that we do not use altered formatting on ThaiVisa (i.e. all bold)

Forum Netiquette

1. Please do not post in all capital letters, bold, unusual fonts, sizes or colors. It can be difficult to read.