Bangkok Criminal Court attack: Police told of bomb plots by red shirts

webfact

Youd be amazed at what people do for money rob, we seen kids planting and throwing grenades in Iraq back in the early days, can't class them as terrorist any more than we had the guys who delivered car bombs to security forces gates in NI by proxy, ie they delivered these devices but we're not doing so willingly, same as many VBIEDs in Iraq, using mentally challenge people to carry them as they were not really aware of what was going on.

It's the untouchables that need caught forget these people from last night, they're low on the food chain, and I have to ask as well, does anyone really believe that Thaksin benefits from this in any shape or form? Does he seriously think he'd be welcomed back into the country and everything will be alright if he did?

• Like 1

Good post seajAe!!

And it's this very reason I have never gone along with calling them a terrorist organisation they key is in the words organisation ?

The country would be in a right predicament if the Reds had the same mindset as the terror groups in the south of the country, the level of violence and carnage would be tenfold given there's 7% hardliners !!! So we're told repeatedly!! That's just under 5 million mate, that's more than the whole RTA and yet these guys can't prioritise targets, commit attacks and cause carnage but oh my god these were the guy's that the country was on the brink of civil war with?

Bogus!!! not a chance these clowns could last a week in any sort of asymmetrical warfare, considering you have many many ex red military personnel from some big time door kicking units, and senior RTA officers who know how to plan and conduct military type operations and yet they send two clowns in a bike to throw a grenade that Can only be thrown what 50ms tops? Doesn't leave many options for your escape routes etc.

I give the UDD zero credibility as a bona fide terrorist organisation, zero direction or goals and sorry but doing this for UN intervention just doesn't add up at all.

So the UDD have really dropped the ball since the men in black gave the RTA special forces and snipers a run for their money in 2010 and the rank and file day to day protesters set fire to Bangkok buildings around the same time. All they can manage now is is a bloke who needs a few bob so his Mrs can pay the doctor's bills sitting on the back of a Honda wave lobbing a grenade into a car park of a building that isn't open on weekends. How the mighty have fallen.

Or maybe...........

So the "mastermind":

- has chosen to pay people to do the job instead of activists

- but told them it's for the red shirts, and in order to cause UN intervention

- also told them there will be hundred more bombings, including a temple

- has chosen a location with a high risk of getting caught

- etc....

Hmmm......

• Like 1

This whole story just seems to be completely fabricated.........maybe the Thais on the street might believe some of it....but I dont buy anything!!

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

This whole story just seems to be completely fabricated.........maybe the Thais on the street might believe some of it....but I dont buy anything!!

are you an employee of the Thaksins ??

You could try explaining to the fella with the 4 bullet holes in him that they don't exist.

• Like 1

Seems everyone is convinced that this attack is either UDD-affiliated or a false flag operation by the Junta government. I don't think it would be wise to assume anything... could well be either.

But with names coming out, the timing with last week's Criminal Court activities and the very familiar MO seen whenever else Thaksin and his network have something to shout about, my opinion is slanting slightly towards yet another idiotic shoot-yourself-in-the-foot reaction by another member of the violent minority in the Red Shirt movement with probable support from at least one of the UDD power brokers.

As a quasi-fascist, I apologise if my opinion offends other fascists who may want to suppress dissent towards the Square Faced Prophet. I see there are quite a few here.

Good post seajAe!!

And it's this very reason I have never gone along with calling them a terrorist organisation they key is in the words organisation ?

The country would be in a right predicament if the Reds had the same mindset as the terror groups in the south of the country, the level of violence and carnage would be tenfold given there's 7% hardliners !!! So we're told repeatedly!! That's just under 5 million mate, that's more than the whole RTA and yet these guys can't prioritise targets, commit attacks and cause carnage but oh my god these were the guy's that the country was on the brink of civil war with?

Bogus!!! not a chance these clowns could last a week in any sort of asymmetrical warfare, considering you have many many ex red military personnel from some big time door kicking units, and senior RTA officers who know how to plan and conduct military type operations and yet they send two clowns in a bike to throw a grenade that Can only be thrown what 50ms tops? Doesn't leave many options for your escape routes etc.

I give the UDD zero credibility as a bona fide terrorist organisation, zero direction or goals and sorry but doing this for UN intervention just doesn't add up at all.

Fatty, I agree with you regarding the incompetence of the redshirt "terrorists". These guys make the Keystone Cops look like the British or Australian SAS.

Concerning the figure of 7%, I am not sure. There may well be that many people in Thailand who declare themselves redshirts, but most of them will only front up to a rally dressed in red and rant and rave, as long as they are rewarded for their efforts. Only a small percentage of them are braindead enough to actually throw explosives at innocent people, including children, and kill them.

Thank God Thailand does not have a truly organised terrorist threat in the north of the country, or in Bangkok. At the moment it seems to be confined to the south.

remember that lady in hua hin with the screws that she littered over the road not long ago so that her husband tyre repair business would bloom. same same. the UN is a massive influential business these days so it would come as no surprise that they like the rest of the capitalist world are actively engaged in producing business by any under hand means possible.

remember that lady in hua hin with the screws that she littered over the road not long ago so that her husband tyre repair business would bloom. same same. the UN is a massive influential business these days so it would come as no surprise that they like the rest of the capitalist world are actively engaged in producing business by any under hand means possible.

Truly amazing first post ! You have a bright future ahead of you. thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Thaksin's cousin, Gen Chaiyasit Shinawatra,has admitted knowing at least one of the people caught. Said he's 'ready to explain'.

This is from other news sources, one which is not allowed to be quoted on this forum.

Isn't this the second "attack" already, with nobody hurt (luckily!)?

In one case, it is a "bomb" in a place where many should get hurt (BTS/Shopping Mall) but no one is and there is plenty of CCTV- material and even a taxi-driver, who can clearly identify the bomber, but...hey...nothing happened so far!

Here, no one get's hurt, but the bombers are easily caught...

I have big difficulties, to take all of that serious!

I onlt hope that-whoever plays this dangerous game- they will stop before someone get's hurt!

• Like 1

Terrorists don't come out with scripted confessions after being caught. They rant and rave 'Down with the Regime!!'

This is not the MO of Thaksin - he is a sociopath, which means he is without fear, remorse or conscience; always glad to roll the dice for a big reward. Sociopaths are professional liars, and above all, calm calculators. It is not in his interest to throw bombs around as it only ties in with the military and their extension of Martial Law. It is not because he is a good guy that he would not be behind this, but for cool hard calculated reason.

Good post seajAe!!

Fatty, I agree with you regarding the incompetence of the redshirt "terrorists". These guys make the Keystone Cops look like the British or Australian SAS.

Concerning the figure of 7%, I am not sure. There may well be that many people in Thailand who declare themselves redshirts, but most of them will only front up to a rally dressed in red and rant and rave, as long as they are rewarded for their efforts. Only a small percentage of them are braindead enough to actually throw explosives at innocent people, including children, and kill them.

Thank God Thailand does not have a truly organised terrorist threat in the north of the country, or in Bangkok. At the moment it seems to be confined to the south.

Spot on Mike, but I think that particular posters likes to highlight that 7% as hardcore militants. As I've pointed out, that's Almost 5 million terrorists, I don't even think ISIS tops that!!

Red shirt supporters number well over 7% and can be anywhere between 35-65 of the population depending on which flavour of kool aid you have drunk for the day, there are supporters who never venture from their comfort zones, then there's the ones who attend all the rallies, it's time some members started looking at perspectives, I have seen crowds go from flash to bang in seconds and have also seen crowds all giving it big licks and when you get the chance and find out why they're there a significant portion say they're just with their friends or following the crowds.

That protests are not much different, the accusations of being paid to protest are pointless wouldn't most farangs do the same if the price was right?

Look at all the protests in the UK and Europe over G8 summits, most protestors were students just wanting time off from lectures, how many OAPs decided to kick off and attack police lines? Not many, it comes down to organisation once again,

trying to make out that reds actually have intelligence is the flaw, while terrorists groups outside Thailand know a bit more about what they are doing here we have rank amateurs, these reds havent got a brain between them. They simply do what they want without regard to the end conclusions, they are too stupid to realize that they are leaving trails all over the place for the govt to follow simply because they are too busy patting each other on the back. All our local reds(poster and likers in the 2nd post) are all trying to negate this with innuendo as usual, cant admit the truth as it would make them all look totally silly for supporting these morons. This has been on the cards for some time and simply needed a reason to happen which the reds were given last week with the convictions of 5 of their own. If any of the reds or their leaders had half a brain it would be lonely, they are more worried about their small appendages and carrying big hand guns to compensate to be able to actually have a useful thought.

Dr. Thaksin has been frustrated on many occasions by the incompetence/inability of the UDD to carry out even simple assignments. Even to organizing a rally where millions were spent on outdoor toilets and yet, relatively few showed up and then they left a mountain of trash behind. "Thaksin speaks, UDD screws it up". Now that Thaksin's PTP government doesn't control the police/security, the UDD has been infiltrated and is no longer a viable tool for doing Thaksin's mischief. The NCPO will roll up the entire criminal/terrorist branch of the UDD soon.

• Like 1

Terrorists don't come out with scripted confessions after being caught. They rant and rave 'Down with the Regime!!'

This is not the MO of Thaksin - he is a sociopath, which means he is without fear, remorse or conscience; always glad to roll the dice for a big reward. Sociopaths are professional liars, and above all, calm calculators. It is not in his interest to throw bombs around as it only ties in with the military and their extension of Martial Law. It is not because he is a good guy that he would not be behind this, but for cool hard calculated reason.

176 posts in 7 years and NOW you get involved in the discussion? Where have you been all these years?

Did you learn this in terrorist school?

This is not the MO of Thaksin - he is a sociopath

Are you saying that because Thaksin is a sociopath, he only hires sociopaths and, therefore, since the perpetrator is not a sociopath, this can not be the work of Thaksin?

Where did you study logic? Your brand is not working for me, troll.

• Like 1

176 posts in 7 years and NOW you get involved in the discussion? Where have you been all these years?

Did you learn this in terrorist school?

This is not the MO of Thaksin - he is a sociopath

Are you saying that because Thaksin is a sociopath, he only hires sociopaths and, therefore, since the perpetrator is not a sociopath, this can not be the work of Thaksin?

Where did you study logic? Your brand is not working for me, troll.

...................."It is not because he is a good guy that he would not be behind this".........................

Thanks for the laugh, I needed that after a hard day's work.

Please explain the actions of 2010 if he was not interested in giving the Military to extend martial law ? And why would Martial Law being enforsed bother him ? He does not not even live here and has not done so since he scarpered like a guilty rat.

The fact you used the words "good guy" in the same sentence as a referral to Thaksin really got me. clap2.gif

Trogers, you need a complicated structure and set up to be seen as a serious threat mate.

For example anyone could call themselves Mr Big, and say he's a member of the UDD a and hand a bloke a grenade and 10000 baht and tell him to throw it at a building!

But for all intensive purposes the grenade thrower knows your UDD because you stated you were?

You can't see a flaw in this? Most terror groups don't tell people who they are until after an attacking has taken place and they claim responsibility?

For over 30 years I've dealt with terrorism and terrorists in my careers so I've seen how professional some are, well organised and structured and I've seen rank amateurs and the UDD is way down there with the amateurs !!

An extrapolation of the old "fake red shirts" argument with real red shirts cunningly, though rather easily, instigated by a "fake UDD".

Hey it could have been a real UDD member paid by a fake Thaksin!

I notice a common concept amongst our PTP apologists, with police that just happened to be there, no planned escape route, high risk attack site, etc, all ignoring the OP which states that the police were following and observing known suspects.

Then we have the "incredible bias" of thinking those committing a bomb attack and planning more might have committed an earlier, which seem much more likely than a second group of morons.

And poor old haggis, throwing BS around like confetti.