Chinese woman robbed by bag snatcher in Pattaya

Thaivisa News

Pattaya, Chon Buri:- A 51-year-old Chinese tourist was robbed by a bag snatcher in Pattaya Tuesday night, police said.

Pol Lt Jakkrit Juntakham, an interrogator on duty of Pattaya police station, said Liew Yian came to the police station to file a complaint at 10:30 pm Tuesday. She was accompanied by Kittisak Laison, 29, a security officer of the Blue Boat Hotel.

Liew told Jakkrit through an interpreter that the robbery took place in front of Soi 16/3 off Pattaya-Naklua Road in Tambon Naklua in Chon Buri’s Bang Lamung district.

Liew said she was strolling there when someone on a motorcycle came from behind and snatched her bag and sped off. She could not see whether the robber was a pillion rider or the rider of the motorcycle, which she could only remember that it was black.

Liew said her bag was containing 7,000 Chinese yuan and Bt1,000 in cash, a diamond ring, an amulet and several identification documents. She said her valuables in the bag were worth about Bt50,000.

Following the robbery, she rushed into the Blue Boat Hotel to call for help and the security officer led her to file the complaint at the police station.

She said she was scheduled to leave Thailand Wednesday and she did not know what to do now that her travelling documents have all gone.

Bag snatching in the tourist town of Pattaya happened frequently. The robberies mostly took place on the Pattaya-Naklua Raod and Soi Wong Ammart although police have been frequently patrolling the areas.

Yeah i guessed it nakula it is a almost daily occurance that i have seen happen on numerous occasions,i tell the ladies who visit my shop to secure their bags but do they no,and do the police have a good presence again no only sometimes 1 is seen for a few days then gone again,sad but true fact.