Alleged Russian mafia arrested in Pattaya

Thaivisa News

I thought maybe, just maybe, that might be arresting Russian mafia member that operates in Pattaya. Nope. Might guess they buy protection so can then force others to buy protection from and go on with local extortion, etc. This guy must have overlooked requirement to "support" local authorities and thus became expendable and prime candidate for crackdown of the week. Let this be a lesson.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

With a name like Sergey, enough said. coffee1.gif.pagespeed.ce.Ymlsr09gMJARfU4 width=32 alt=coffee1.gif>

Could TV members pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaase try to put a momentary hold on comments about names ? It's getting really invasive, annoying and boring.

One week of threads without these "how could he be French when his name is Dmitri" or "with a name like that you don't expect him to be a law-abiding citizen" etc etc .... would be a real treat !

If that could be combined with a moratorium on comments about nationalities as well, TVF threads would suddenly become radically different. Yes, I know, I'm dreaming.

My name is same. I spent a decade living in Western countries, mainly America, and being incessantly called "gay-sir-gay". This is the level to which bullies descend. Then I decided to start physically fighting them off. Since then I have savagely beaten dozens of such idiots. Trust me, @Gsxrnz, unless you have a layer of fat thick as a boxing mask you would not want to confront.

Russian Gangster caught by Pattaya Immigration as he extends visa

gangster-2.jpg

PATTAYA: -- At a press conference at the Chonburi Immigration Office in Jomtien on Wednesday, the Superintendent announced the arrest of a 25 year old Russian who is thought to have fled to Thailand to avoid arrest in Russia.

Police Colonel Prapansak announced the arrest of Mr. Sergey Kovalenko, who was detained on Tuesday as he attempted to extend his Student Visa. He is wanted on Russian Arrest Warrant number 2014/36611-1, dated June 18, 2014 which was sent to Immigration by the Russian Embassy in Bangkok.

Mr. Kovalenko is alleged to be the head of a student gang based in Yurga in Southern Russia. The gang are alleged to have extorted protection money from individuals in the town and conducted robberies and other such crimes.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/175810/russian-gangster-caught-by-pattaya-immigration-as-he-extends-visa/

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2015-03-12

Are they sure he is Russian...only he is smiling....

The last sentence of the OP's post clearly demonstrates, the profound level of solidarity prevailing among the Russians, and their former block-country constituents. Americans have a lot of growing-up to do, in that "particular" regard. whistling.gif

Edited by NativeSon360