Any Dutch Living There?

david richard

Hi there,

I`m new on this forum. I would like to know if there are Dutch people living on Phuket. If so, maybe they can reply to me in the dutch languages. Further we would be intersted to know (in general) what would be approx. the costs of living on Phuket or Ko Samui.

So, costs of food, transport (by own car) taxes, school, electricity and so on. Maybe I can find these info on this forum, but I do not know where I have to look??

We have two young children (4 years and 4 month) and they of course need to go to school.

Any help would be great to get some more information.

grettings from a rainy Netherland.

David Richard.

Hi there,

I`m new on this forum. I would like to know if there are Dutch people living on Phuket. If so, maybe they can reply to me in the dutch languages. Further we would be intersted to know (in general) what would be approx. the costs of living on Phuket or Ko Samui.

So, costs of food, transport (by own car) taxes, school, electricity and so on. Maybe I can find these info on this forum, but I do not know where I have to look??

We have two young children (4 years and 4 month) and they of course need to go to school.

David Richard.

David I am Belgian, not same -same but different. I rented houses of a Dutchman, named Jeff, in Karon, if you PM me, i will give you his E-mail.

Life could be a bit more expensive then you think. As a foreigner you pay much more then a Thai. There is no real social security, so you should need to have a budget for insurrances. I think there is an international school in Phuket, and that is sure not for free.

It will also depend, on what you are going to do for a living! If you have an international job for a company, is different then to rely on a local income!

Hi there,

David Richard.

Plenty to be found in the 'Old Dutch', a bar restaurant in the soi leading to Patong Tower off the beach road :o

The cost of living much depends on your life style. As a rough guide you'd probably find most things to be half the cost of what you'd pay in Holland...including the Heineken :D

And greetings from an even wetter Phuket...Roll on the dry season :D

Thanks Dutch, Geoffpukhet and Indieke for your replies. I guess I`ll need to find my on the forum before asking to much questions. The webside Dutch recommanded is quite good, thanks for that.

:o

Does one of you know how old one has to be for a retiremend visa? Is this 50/55 or 60 years?

How much will it cost and how many visa runs a year??

Regards

David.

Thanks Dutch, Geoffpukhet and Indieke for your replies. I guess I`ll need to find my on the forum before asking to much questions. The webside Dutch recommanded is quite good, thanks for that.

:o

Does one of you know how old one has to be for a retiremend visa? Is this 50/55 or 60 years?

Regards

David.

Only 50 years for a 12 month retirement 'OA' visa. However most people apply for a non imm 'O' and extend it anually in Thailand - you'll need a bank balance showing 800,000 Baht for this. No visa run required.

http://www.thaivisa.com/275.0.html

Geoffphuket

:D

Regards

David.

Only 50 years for a 12 month retirement 'OA' visa. However most people apply for a non imm 'O' and extend it anually in Thailand - you'll need a bank balance showing 800,000 Baht for this. No visa run required.

http://www.thaivisa.com/275.0.html

Geoffphuket

Woaw, three years to go! :o

Thanks dear forum members Indieke, Geoffphuket en Dutch.

I will be 50 end of this year so I can apply for retirement visa. How about my wife(32) and two children (4 years and 4 month) What visa do they need and do they all need to do the visa run..??.... :o

Waiting for your valued replies!

David.

Thanks dear forum members Indieke, Geoffphuket en Dutch.

I will be 50 end of this year so I can apply for retirement visa. How about my wife(32) and two children (4 years and 4 month) What visa do they need and do they all need to do the visa run..??.... :D

Waiting for your valued replies!

David.

If you've got a retirement visa, I think I'm correct in saying that your wife and children will be allowed to be included as dependants...I'm sure someone will expand, or correct me if I'm wrong on this :o

geoffphuket

Dear Geoffphuket,

Thanks for your reply. If you`re right that would be good news :o

Do you happen to know some names of good/high ranking banks in Thailand who have branches in Phuket. I just would like to know a little more about disposito- rates and so on.

If you have the names of their websites, that would be great :D

regards (and good night)

David.

Dear Geoffphuket,

Thanks for your reply. If you`re right that would be good news :o

Do you happen to know some names of good/high ranking banks in Thailand who have branches in Phuket. I just would like to know a little more about disposito- rates and so on.

If you have the names of their websites, that would be great :D

regards (and good night)

David.

I'm sure I've over-simplified the status for your family. I'd check into this at a Thai consulate before arriving....or post it as a new topic

Banks, well, I use the U.O.B (United Overseas Bank) - used to be the 'Bank of Asia'

Their main branch is on Phuket Road, Phuket town.

www.uob.co.th