Kawasaki Big Bike Servicing in Isaan

Smileygc

I used to live in Phuket and was very happy with the work carried out by Phuket Kawasaki on my Versys 650.

I moved to Nakhon Phanom just over a year ago and need to find a reliable Kawasaki service centre.

I will explain why!

About 6 months ago, I had a 39,000 service undertaken in Udon Thani and had some extra lights fitted (due to an incident on the ride over).

The service was mediocre as basic stuff like stand and handlebar lever lubrication were forgotten. They also wired the new lights incorrectly so that my upgraded horns (very essential) only functioned when the additional lights were on. Also one of the new lights (halogen) blew in the first few hours (i believe due to the huge thumb print on it). The work was done on a Friday and Saturday and the problems we detected after I picked up the bike, Hence, I had to stay an additional Sat & Sunday night to return the bike for fixing on the Monday.

Conclusion - not much confidence in Kawasaki Udon Thani's technical ability.

Nakhon Phanon - They now sell ER-6n's, but it is still a scooter service and so are not equipped or trained for anything other than initial services.

Sakhon Nakhon - They sell the Versys, but again seem only equipped & trained for basic service.

I require, a 45,000 k service along with new chain & sprockets, new tyres, Scorpion Trials.

So does anyone have good experience of service and can recommend a service centre within the Isaan area. I am happy to travel (Udon Thani is about 300 k from my home),

I will travel to Korat if need be.

Thanks in advance.......

• 3 weeks later...

Dear OP,

You might consider to visit Kawasaki Ubon Ratchathani. Please see:

http://www.gt-rider.com/thailand-motorcycle-forum/showthread.php/38744-Kawasaki-Ubon-Ratchathani

P.S. Ubon is a big and nice city, worth to spend a night, just in case if you have to wait for your bike. .

From a biker for a biker. Cheers-thumbsup.gif

Edited by lostinisaan
  • Like 1

Dear OP,

You might consider to visit Kawasaki Ubon Ratchathani. Please see:

http://www.gt-rider.com/thailand-motorcycle-forum/showthread.php/38744-Kawasaki-Ubon-Ratchathani

P.S. Ubon is a big and nice city, worth to spend a night, just in case if you have to wait for your bike. .

From a biker for a biker. Cheers-thumbsup.gif

Also now got the "earth shattering" H2 on display! Rode out to see it yesterday with 15 others.

Where were you, Lostinsane (joke)

post-156212-14282797843704_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Many Thanks, I did take the bike (on the pickup) to Korat. I wanted a 46 k service, but they they did the 42k service again, which Udon should have done 6 months ago at 40k,

The 46k service is a simple one, but they believed the Udon service was not properly done as spark plugs were not changed, valves weren't checked and the rear wheel split pin was a piece of bent wire...etc. etc..

I was very happy with Korat, even though it was 1000k round trip, the Versys rides and sounds like new again.

Many service parts were corrected or changed - they also had Bike Ramps for the pickup, so I a got a couple.

Smileygc,

I have my eye on a 650 Versys, new. The 42K and 46k services.... just wondering if you ride the bike hard or is this really typical of what is needed? Just trying to get a handle on what I could do myslef vs having to take it in every 5K. Thanks for any input.

David

post-196028-0-27322800-1428288939_thumb.

Edited by DepDavid

Hi There All

Lostinissan & Dilligad - Thanks for the Ubon link to Kawasaki. I might try it for the next service (after 6ks). Only a 520 klm round trip....

Services are every 6k. It seems the services get bigger every 12,000 k with intermittent smaller 6 k ones in between. My bike is now about 46k's.

I have had my Versys for over 3 yrs, its a 2011 Black one. I have the genuine Givi Tracker boxes which I had fitted during a trip to Malaysia.

I used to live in Phuket, so have traveled into Malaysia a number of times and also much of Southern Thailand.

I also had some trips into the North, Mai Sot, Mai Sae, Chiang Mai & Rai, Isaan etc & Laos, before we moved to Isaan just over a year ago.

Was back in Phuket last Oct, Nov & Dec for a couple of tours and also Sepang MotoGP.

I haven't used the bike much in Isaan, mainly due to settling in etc and other things going on with the family. Although did take a trip out with my mate Ron (from Sakhon Nakon) to Loei to meet the Gentleman's Club.

I am located near Nakhon Phanom and happy to ride out to meet new friends and riders. We have some nice roads and sights this way if you come this way.

DepDavid - I tend to get my bike serviced according to the Kawasaki Schedule (i think Kawaski know more about bikes than I do and so follow their advice) - with some oil changes in between if I think the bike needs it or wants some pampering..!!

I love the Versys - I used to rent ER-6n's and Ninja 650's, but liked the more upright touring style of the Versys. Not many to rent, and after the full front fairing came loose on a rental Ninja 650 (i have just previously managed to catch the falling off mirror, I decide that was enough of rental bikes!! I have a bigger screen on my Versys which slows the top speed a bit, but keeps the wind noise down and comfort (no buffering) levels UP!.

I too like the New Versys, but I would want to see the matching panniers, before I gave it any more thought. The engine has been tweaked a little on the new one and the styling is similar to the Versys 1000.

My Versys has been so good I would be reluctant to change.

Any way enough of my post. As I said, happy to meet up for a ride and a chat, whether your way or over this way.

All the best and thank you for the Servicing suggestions.

• Like 2