Are You Underwater Yet ?

krikrik

There's plenty of water in Chang Puak.

The streets still look passable but have not ventured far. The garden has developed a large section suitable for aquatic spots.

Enjoyed the storm last night. Power went off briefly an hour or so ago. Can't believe the internet's still going !

How are others doing ?

The streets still look passable but have not ventured far. The garden has developed a large section suitable for aquatic spots.

Enjoyed the storm last night. Power went off briefly an hour or so ago. Can't believe the internet's still going !

How are others doing ?

dark black totally heavy raining in san kampheng. seems better here in the muang. wonder how high the water is at the ping.

How are others doing ?

dark black totally heavy raining in san kampheng. seems better here in the muang. wonder how high the water is at the ping.

At Narawat bridge 2.56 Metres at midday, bank overflow at 3.7 Metres

(

aquatic spots.
should read "sports", of course.)

Perhaps some people will post photos. There sure has been a lot of rain. Easing off now, perhaps :D , at 12.30 p.m.

At Narawat bridge 2.56 Metres at midday, bank overflow at 3.7 Metre

Sorry, not clear on how to read that. Does it mean if the level reaches 3.7 it will overflow ?

The rain is interfering with the "quote" function :o . EDIT : better now :D .

Edited by krikrik

2.72M at 1.00pm. reckon we might have some flooding at certain areas pretty soon if it continues raining.

Agreed. The thing I noticed is that 11-12 O'clock the river rose by 8cm but between 12-1pm it doubled its rate of increase to 16cm p/hr...

Cautiously wait for the 1-2 pm figures

2.72M at 1.00pm. reckon we might have some flooding at certain areas pretty soon if it continues raining.

Agreed. The thing I noticed is that 11-12 O'clock the river rose by 8cm but between 12-1pm it doubled its rate of increase to 16cm p/hr...

Cautiously wait for the 1-2 pm figures

Looks like they went back and revised the figures .... amazing Thailand....... now the figure on the rise between 12-1pm are 10cm and the rise in the hour 1 2 pm is also 10cm

Quite a nice country that can go back and change history....... I hope that if the flood hits they can go back and change to not flooding

:o

Just on five and have been out driving most of the day. Changklan was under about six inches in parts, and the irrigation canal is just about to overflow. Didn't get a chance to take a look at the Ping. We don't need too much more rain to be in serious poo.

Just on five and have been out driving most of the day. Changklan was under about six inches in parts, and the irrigation canal is just about to overflow. Didn't get a chance to take a look at the Ping. We don't need too much more rain to be in serious poo.

WHAT ??? !!!! What u say MM!!!!

I don't have enough problems with flooding..... now you tell me there is POO DUE TOO ????

Hi

Don't mean to worry you guys but, Fang (150 clicks north of you) has been raining hard for 3 days now, and you always seem to end up with our water, not sure but I guess our wash off comes your way. Chiangdao I know gets our wash off and last year it was flooded a lot worse than ChangKlan and the surrounding area of Ping.

I guess I will see for myself if your flooded, coming in to town at the weekend......

Sol

Doubt if anyone has the answer, but I'll ask the question in any event.

Can anyone explain as the situation on the river in CM is approaching flood level of 3.7m, the Hydro site would give hourly readings and at 1 AM with the river and the flood level less than 40 cm away, they decide not to do any posting for 7 hours....

Perhaps they at the Hydro reading site thought the rising river level was an assassination attempt on them

No doubt a government site wth government workers.

Another form of "esss nooo my yob mannn" and the hel* with the public. There is no public here, only "me" attitude. :o

gonzo

Can anyone explain as the situation on the river in CM is approaching flood level of 3.7m, the Hydro site would give hourly readings and at 1 AM with the river and the flood level less than 40 cm away, they decide not to do any posting for 7 hours....

Perhaps they at the Hydro reading site thought the rising river level was an assassination attempt on them

Another form of "esss nooo my yob mannn" and the hel* with the public. There is no public here, only "me" attitude. :o

gonzo

I stand to correct myself. The Narawath Bridge reading is now 3 cm from flood stage. In my grogginess I misread the chart . Hyro at 7:25 AM saw fit to post a 6 AM and 7AM reading .... Narawath Bridge = 7.67 M. Flooding at that area s 3.7m

At the gonzo reading point the flood is already in effect. Fishing is great.

Water in my area has vanished overnight. Where does it all go ? It's rather pleasant, in fact, if you ignore the mud, as the air's cool and fresh.

I hope there are ways of saving some of that beautiful rain. It would be such a waste not to.

However, it seems other places are currently underwater :o .

Hope everyone is OK and damage can be kept to a minimum.

Keep us posted if you can.

gonzo

I stand to correct myself. The Narawath Bridge reading is now 3 cm from flood stage. In my grogginess I misread the chart . Hyro at 7:25 AM saw fit to post a 6 AM and 7AM reading .... Narawath Bridge = 7.67 M. Flooding at that area s 3.7m

At the gonzo reading point the flood is already in effect. Fishing is great.

An update on the above

P1 reached flood stage [according to the Hydro site] at 8AM. As this must have been unimportant, Hydro posted it on their site at 9:35AM along with the 9 o'clock reading..

Just about 5 mins ago 11:45 A, a sound truck went by [Charoenrat Rd, East bank of the river] announcing that there would be flooding and people should start make plans to move or move old people, etc ,.... was going too fast to get too much of what their intent was.

The latest reading on the Hydro site shows little or couple cm gain in the past couple hrs. My back property has been flooded for the past couple hrs and about 6-8 cm more and it will be inside.

Good thing I learned and now advertise "Water Beds"

gonzo

Thanks for the info - might not know anything otherwise !

Watching this space ...

went towards town just now (superhighway to railways station but did not get to nawarat bridge). ie. 12.15 in the afternoon. nothing yet. perhaps its not going to flood after all. many parts of san kampheng is flooded though.

any updates at nawarat area??? the old church building?

I'm in Rimping condo and it hasn't flooded around here. East side of the Ping (away from town) is very close with the footpath just to the north of the Nakornping bridge under water but city side of the river still has around 70cm to go but we are higher here than Warrot market and other areas but havn't ventured there today. Level hasn't risen here since around midnight last night.

Hi

Don't mean to worry you guys but, Fang (150 clicks north of you) has been raining hard for 3 days now, and you always seem to end up with our water, not sure but I guess our wash off comes your way. Chiangdao I know gets our wash off and last year it was flooded a lot worse than ChangKlan and the surrounding area of Ping.

I guess I will see for myself if your flooded, coming in to town at the weekend......

Sol

Doesnt the water from just south of Chai Prakarn drain into the Fang river, which flows into the Kok river which flows into the Mekong river?