FTI expects Bangkok motor show to push auto sales

webfact

FTI expects motor show to push auto sales

BANGKOK, 27 Mar 2015, (NNT) - President of the Federation of Thai Industries (FTI), Supan Mongkonthee, hopes that more than 40,00 cars will be sold during this tear's Bangkok International Motor Show 2015 now underway.

According to him, 123,669 cars have been sold during the first 2 months of 2015, an 11.8% on-year decrease. He attributed the drop to the nation's economic slowdown, low agricultural product prices, and the government's as well as the private sector's investments .

He also pointed out that the government budget disbursement has seen little or no progress, while the financial institutions continue to impose strict loan regulations.

Thailand exported 200,613 cars in the past 2 months, an increase of 12.58% on-year. The export was worth 88.7 billion baht, a rise of 6.25% from that of the same period last year, Mr. Supan said

Despite the expiration of the EU’s GSP privilege, auto exports to EU continues to grow, thanks to the higher demand for eco-cars in the EU block and the manufacturers' outstanding marketing strategies.

Auto exports to EU in January jumped 135% in January and 517% in February year-on-year. Exports to North America also grew by 203% and 42% in January and February, respectively.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-03-27 footer_n.gif

BANGKOK, 27 Mar 2015, (NNT) - President of the Federation of Thai Industries (FTI), Supan Mongkonthee, hopes that more than 40,00 cars will be sold during this tear's Bangkok International Motor Show 2015 now underway.
The most tear's will be for the lack of 'Pretties' banned by the MoC.

Maybe they will be allowed if dressed only in complete burkahs.

• Like 1

A plethora of pretties for you to watch in Thailand, so please, don't cry and get soooooo distressed about the motor show, that I doubt that many of us will visit.

A plethora of pretties for you to watch in Thailand, so please, don't cry and get soooooo distressed about the motor show, that I doubt that many of us will visit.

Will you be looking for a Tank to join your friend the good generals march to absolute power?

>>According to him, 123,669 cars have been sold during the first 2 months of 2015, an 11.8% on-year decrease. He attributed the drop to the nation's economic slowdown, low agricultural product prices, and the government's as well as the private sector's investments .

Well you certainly can't blame the 100,000 baht new car scheme that has flooded the market with quickly depreciating used cars now can you?

• Like 1

Car sales at Motor Show expected to over 40,000

27-3-2558-11-09-43-wpcf_728x409.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Sales of cars during the Bangkok International Motor Show 2015 now being held at Bangkok's Impact Arena until April 5 are expected to exceed 40,000, the Federation of Thai Industries (FTI) said.

FTI president Supan Mongkonthee said he expected more than 40,00 cars would be sold during the show.

He said the first two months of this year already saw 123,669 car being sold, representing an 11.8% on-year decrease.

The current economic slowdown, low agricultural product prices, and the government’s as well as the private sector’s investments were all blamed for the car sales decline.

Slow budget disbursements by government agencies and stringent loan extension also added to the auto sales, he said.

As NNT reported, Thailand exported 200,613 cars in the past two months, an increase of 12.58% on-year.

The export was worth 88.7 billion baht, a 6.25% increase from the same period last year, he said

But despite the expiration of the EU’s GSP privilege, auto exports to EU continues to grow, thanks to the higher demand for eco-cars in the EU block and the marketing strategies of manufacturers.

Auto exports to EU in January rose 135% in January and 517% in February year-on-year while to North America also grew by 203% and 42% in January and February, respectively.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/car-sales-at-motor-show-expected-to-over-40000

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-03-27

As NNT reported, Thailand exported 200,613 cars in the past two months, an increase of 12.58% on-year.

Auto exports to EU in January rose 135% in January and 517% in February year-on-year while to North America also grew by 203% and 42% in January and February, respectively.

So exports to EU and US rose by 517% and 203%, yet the overall increase in export was only 12.58%. Do I smell someone talking out of his behind here?

• Like 2

Which one is it, hope or expects ?

Will you be looking for a Tank to join your friend the good generals march to absolute power?

I would love to have a second hand T72 but look at the gasoline consumption......way too high....if wife drives to the BigC it costs more on the gasoline than on the food.

than they surely must have some TAT shows, that will, for sure, magically increase tourist numbers

but for the motor show ...

big face, buying a car, copying your neighbor and in 6 months to a year, when they cannot repay the carpayments, they can get repossed

Haven't heard anything about discount/deals on offer,especially pickups, attempting to claw back the defecit? I just took delivery of an Isuzu top of the range which my local dealer had in stock,which as I was without wheels,was a big plus for me. I negotiated hard and bettered what I was offered by a far more distant dealer. I paid cash as the promotional 1.79% ( much higher in real APR terms) finance meant I couldn't have it with the discount / freebies/ insurance I negotiated. I just wondered if there were any really special deals I could have had at the show? Academic now of course but would still like to know.